Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bass in Deer Lake - Burnaby  (Read 123386 times)

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
Re: Bass in Deer Lake - Burnaby
« Reply #180 on: August 26, 2012, 10:55:08 PM »

I'm very excited about largemouth bass at Deer Lake! The news about largemouth bass at Deer Lake is so unreal - like, am I dreaming or what? As a result of the news, I'm planning to dust off my rarely used Abu Garcia C3 reel with my Abu Garcia Conolon baitcasting rod. I actually have bass fishing lures in my tackle box from the 90's because I always wanted to save it for largemouth bass fishing if I ever had the chance/time to do it.

I've always been a fan of largemouth bass since I was a kid, when I played an old PC Shareware DOS game called Bass Tour by Dick Olsen. I watched a lot of Bill Dance, Roland Martin, and Hank Parker fishing shows with lots of bass fishing tips too.

In high school, I even created a Bass Masters board game which my teacher loved too which was based on Deer Lake - LOL!

I hope all the largemouth bass knowledge which I acquired within over a decade will land me the big lunker.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 11:10:21 PM by Long_Cast »

Shawn6o4

« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2012, 08:08:03 AM »

Fishing for bass in deer lake is definetly fun, ive never got one bigger then 8 inches from deer lake tho. But those smalls guys probly catch 20 of them in the few hours i go for, pink wedding bands is what ive been usuing and seem like they just cant get enought of them. Caught my bigger ones on rooster tails with olive green feathers.

kid fisherman

« Reply #182 on: August 27, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »

Went out this eveining and got nothing. Lots of people out and I did not get the spot that I would have liked.

fishingwithegg2

« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2012, 10:52:31 PM »

Went out this eveining and got nothing. Lots of people out and I did not get the spot that I would have liked.

Yep, I was out there as well. Used the same methods that yielded lots of fish last time, but not a sniff today  :(
I did notice the weeds/algae have grown a lot, got a lot of it sticking on my tackle and had to keep cleaning it off

chronicfisher

« Reply #184 on: August 28, 2012, 08:19:24 AM »

Yep, I was out there as well. Used the same methods that yielded lots of fish last time, but not a sniff today  :(
I did notice the weeds/algae have grown a lot, got a lot of it sticking on my tackle and had to keep cleaning it off

Same here! The spot I usually fish gave such a headache! Just curious where are you other guys fishing from? Everytime i'm out there I only see one other fisherman 2 tops.also I know they stock trout in this lake but I have never heard or seen anyone catch a trout.

Shawn6o4

« Reply #185 on: August 28, 2012, 10:41:18 AM »

You gotta get a little wet to get to my spot, never seen anyone at this spot and im here everyday. Other wise if nobody is at the small floating dock on the rightside i go there, only room for 1 maybe 2 people at that spot.

Maybe 3 weeks ago on a rainy day i seen a guy catch a carp close to 25 pounds, 5 min after a trout! First ive ever seen come out of deer lake. I was pretty jealous ( about the trout not the carp lol )

Fillibert

« Reply #186 on: August 28, 2012, 02:03:04 PM »

same... only 2 6 inchers when I usually get dozens, must be the weird weather. But seen the most fishermen (and women) ever in the last couple of days, even more than when trout is stocked. Just before leaving I went to the boat dock and just a few yards from the dock a pretty big bass came at my spinner from the side and swiped at it. I tried to set the hook but either it didn't commit enough or I yanked too soon so didn't hook it. Gave me chills though it was a nice adrenaline rush.

chronicfisher

« Reply #187 on: August 28, 2012, 04:07:08 PM »

You gotta get a little wet to get to my spot, never seen anyone at this spot and im here everyday. Other wise if nobody is at the small floating dock on the rightside i go there, only room for 1 maybe 2 people at that spot.

Maybe 3 weeks ago on a rainy day i seen a guy catch a carp close to 25 pounds, 5 min after a trout! First ive ever seen come out of deer lake. I was pretty jealous ( about the trout not the carp lol )

are you the guy that was fishing somewhat in the middle if the lake on the south side just past the houses?I wonder do you guys think that the bass are eating the trout?

kid fisherman

« Reply #188 on: August 28, 2012, 04:44:44 PM »

I was going to fish at the dock on at the main beach but the boat rentals were open so I did not. I was on the small dock over by the shabolt center. We're you the guys on the opposet side?

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #189 on: August 28, 2012, 09:58:21 PM »

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:01:45 PM by Sandman »
Not all those who wander are lost

chronicfisher

« Reply #190 on: August 28, 2012, 11:05:20 PM »

I was going to fish at the dock on at the main beach but the boat rentals were open so I did not. I was on the small dock over by the shabolt center. We're you the guys on the opposet side?

Nope I usually fish by the southeast picnic area there  is a space there one person 2 max.hard casting area tho.

fishingwithegg2

« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2012, 03:38:49 PM »

going to try my luck again tomorrow with another member on here

I usually fish the north side of the main beach, in front of the playground swings.
A couple times I've waded into the water and that was pretty nice, gets me closer to the lily pads where the fish are hiding 
no infections on my feet so far *knock on wood*  ;D

kid fisherman

« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2012, 04:05:50 PM »

I must have pass by you on Monday because someone was fishing there

Fillibert

« Reply #193 on: August 30, 2012, 11:26:08 AM »

Don't you find the north side beach a bit too shallow?

chronicfisher

« Reply #194 on: August 30, 2012, 01:37:41 PM »

Don't you find the north side beach a bit too shallow?

If you follow the trail to the middle north part you will see there is small path and over there the water seems deeper with a drop off.I can usually see 1or2 fisherman there fishing from where i'm at.only fished that spot  for a few casts gonna give that spot another shot next time i'm there.the spot where I usually fish is really shallow and its getting weedeir now but its been fairly productive for my buddy and I.I wonder if renting a boat will and fishing the deeper spots make for better fishing.