Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a fishing buddy.  (Read 6006 times)

DJ

Looking for a fishing buddy.
« on: September 25, 2013, 02:34:46 PM »

I am looking for a fishing partner that has some time to spend throughout the week.

I have a car often so we could take turns driving.  Fish in both salt and fresh water and have problem with difficult terrain. 

I am new to BC and have found a few good spots but I am sure you might have more. 

If you are looking for someone to fish with that is respectful of the environment and sport, is reasonably well equipped and willing to share what I know drop me a line and we can work something out. 

Thanks

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
Re: Looking for a fishing buddy.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 04:07:21 PM »

Where u located?

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 04:40:38 PM »

If you can fish Thursday or Friday besides the weekend, shoot me an email. I fished for 20+ years and we can share some insights on salmon and steelhead.

jacked55

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 06:36:20 PM »

you gotta include location and age if you are looking for a fishing bromance, lol.

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 07:55:13 PM »

Pic's or it wont happen.  :)

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 09:38:33 PM »

you gotta include location and age if you are looking for a fishing bromance, lol.

Who said DJ was a dude? Could be some smoking hot chick... Although unlikely lol
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Pin-nook

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 07:48:20 AM »

LOL....happened to me many years ago now! I was contacted by a friend saying that I should reply to a post that he saw on another website about a person looking for someone to fish with.  Not reading the original post and adding to an email conversation my friend started, I ended up meeting a pretty blond that was more eager than I was at fishing.  We're still close friends but she now makes a career out of fishing ;)

It takes the right person for me to actually want to fish with someone I don't know. Thanks to a couple adds on this site in the past I have met and fished with some great people that share the same passion so you never know!

salmonrook

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 11:21:19 AM »

I always find if you know a few spots that you always meet people there who have local knowledge and always happy to give advice.

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 11:46:55 AM »

ok all of you feminine fishers leave the guy alone. Look for your bromance somewhere else.
It's common when you want a fishing buddy to ask for it.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 12:31:52 PM »

Ooop, DJ is a nice gent and a newer fisherman for BC. No luck with blonde.  ;D ;D But surely will link up for some trips to share some insights. I'll advise him to buy a freezer though if he hasn't got one.  :)

cohojoe

I found a woman fishing buddy years ago
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 09:35:50 PM »

I found a fishing buddy years ago.  While I was inflating my pontoon boat at a gas station  ;  out of a van jumps a woman who asks me if I was going fishing in that thing.   Of course  I said,  and fly fishing too.   She wanted to learn and we have been out on many fishing trips together.  This is OK with my wife too.    Best part of all this friendship is she is tough and loyal to fishing and our friendship.   Very rare.    MAybe you too will find a good fishing buddy  be they man or woman.   

cohojoe

I will go fishing with you DJ
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 09:39:33 PM »

I'll go fishing with you DJ.   About 40 years ago an old gentleman fly fisher taught me to fish.   He also introduced me to float tubing when it first got introduced in BC  decades ago.   He saw these at the Seattle  Sportsmans show and got two.    He finally stopped fishing with us five years ago at 87 ish.   The cold waters of the skagit were just too much for him.    Great memories,  great fishing,  great friendship.   All because of fishing.

DJ

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 11:18:51 PM »

Thanks to Everyone that replied. 
To clear things up yes "I am a Dude", so sorry not hot blonde here. 

Did not think it mattered much but I am 38. 
Also living in Vancouver Kitsalano for now. 

CohoJoe please feel free to pm me. 

Suther

Re: I found a woman fishing buddy years ago
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 10:09:13 AM »

I found a fishing buddy years ago.  While I was inflating my pontoon boat at a gas station  ;  out of a van jumps a woman who asks me if I was going fishing in that thing.   Of course  I said,  and fly fishing too.   She wanted to learn and we have been out on many fishing trips together.  This is OK with my wife too.    Best part of all this friendship is she is tough and loyal to fishing and our friendship.   Very rare.    MAybe you too will find a good fishing buddy  be they man or woman.   

I think the rare part here is your wife was OK with it. lol