Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shouldn’t you be in school?  (Read 3991 times)

NothingToSnagAbout

Shouldn’t you be in school?
« on: October 04, 2016, 09:52:25 AM »

To all the young’uns,

Whenever I see a person of school age posting an Instagram pic highlighting their morning river outing during a weekday, the first thing I think is, shouldn’t you be in school?

I live downtown Vancouver and have a Monday to Friday job so I’m only able to get to the rivers on the weekends **high-five to all the other warriors** but if I lived in Chilliwack, say, I’d probably sneak in a couple of hours before school/work, too. Is that what’s done in the Valley? Or are you all being home-schooled? Maybe you’re just older than you look. Not judging how people use their time, just curious.

Every Day

• Old Timer
Re: Shouldn’t you be in school?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 10:16:42 AM »

I used to go in the morning before school all the time in high school. I used to even bring my teachers with lol! Occasionally when the fishing was good I would just stay out for the day. I think I maxed out my missed days in high school two years in a row being a fish bum.

TNAngler

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 10:18:00 AM »

My brother used to teach down in Washington.  He would leave for school an hour early if the fish were running and make a stop by the river to hit his favorite hole.  If I were school age, I would do the same.  I would assume they are all catch and release though.  I would assume a teacher would be able to put a fish in the fridge in the teacher's lounge but students would have to leave it in their car all day.  I guess if you have a cooler with ice it might not be too bad but if not... ick.

NothingToSnagAbout

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 10:29:31 AM »

Ha! So you bring your first class teacher a fish and he marks you as present? Nice.

fishallday

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 01:52:59 PM »

i fish most days just from 5:30 am to 8am then off to school  ::)
life's short stunt it

pwn50m3 f15h3r

• What a great fish...
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 04:35:59 PM »

In bc anyways, all school districts have one non-instructional (professional development) day per month where there are no classes. They are mostly on Mondays and Fridays and since only students have those off, the waters aren't usually crowded those days. We fishing students often choose to go fishing on those days simply because we have a day off where there are fewer people on the water
Someone was here

1morecast

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 02:45:12 PM »

Not sure how old I look but... I'm in university and have Tuesday and Thursday off!

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 03:11:41 PM »

To all the young’uns,

Whenever I see a person of school age posting an Instagram pic highlighting their morning river outing during a weekday, the first thing I think is, shouldn’t you be in school?

I live downtown Vancouver and have a Monday to Friday job so I’m only able to get to the rivers on the weekends **high-five to all the other warriors** but if I lived in Chilliwack, say, I’d probably sneak in a couple of hours before school/work, too. Is that what’s done in the Valley? Or are you all being home-schooled? Maybe you’re just older than you look. Not judging how people use their time, just curious.
How about all the company trucks that are there first light during the week.
[

mvelasco

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 03:41:01 PM »

Maaaan, I am absolutely jealous of all the young ins able to get out before school(or during). I was born and raised in Edmonton so fishing a pond or lake wasn't really worth it sometimes. Fortunately I work in the hospitality industry so my weekends are people's work days!

cdjk123

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 08:40:53 PM »

First post!

When I was in highschool, I ususally went before school started.

Now that i'm teacher....I still go before school starts!