Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How many rods can you fish at a time for fresh water and salt water?  (Read 24476 times)

mykiss

• Canadian Aquatics

I've seen may people fishing by themselves in freshwater with one or two two rods but when there's 2 people in a boat have only seen one rod per person.

In salt water, I've only seen one rod per person.

So, my question is, how many rods can a person fish in freshwater and in salterwater when fishing alone, and when fishing with a buddy?
Thanks
Here fishy fishy......

www.canadianaquatics.com

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer

Freshwater-two alone, one person if more than one person in the boat

Saltwater-as many as you want.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Freshwater-two alone, one person if more than one person in the boat

When in a lake.

nosey

In salt water the amount of rods you use may not exceed the amount of licenced occupants in the boat unless everyone in the boat is licenced, which means if the boat has 4 occupants and only 2 of them are licenced you can only use 2 rods, if everyone in the boat is licenced you can use all the rods you want to. Without this wording you could, in theory have an unlimited amount of people fishing with only one licenced fisherman in the boat.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Also, in the tidal portion of all rivers, you can only use one rod per person (both on shore and boat).

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer

In salt water the amount of rods you use may not exceed the amount of licenced occupants in the boat unless everyone in the boat is licenced, which means if the boat has 4 occupants and only 2 of them are licenced you can only use 2 rods, if everyone in the boat is licenced you can use all the rods you want to......
I'd never get in a boat with someone who didn't have a licence! ;D

canso

• Old Timer

In salt water the amount of rods you use may not exceed the amount of licenced occupants in the boat unless everyone in the boat is licenced, which means if the boat has 4 occupants and only 2 of them are licenced you can only use 2 rods, if everyone in the boat is licenced you can use all the rods you want to. Without this wording you could, in theory have an unlimited amount of people fishing with only one licenced fisherman in the boat.

I've never read this before.

my girl friend has a licence but only for crabs, no salmon tags. I run 3 rods and she drives the boat. I've been checked when she's been with me and they never asked for her licence, nore did they say anything about the amount of rods. 

am I in the wrong?

Randofish

• I'm a llama!

I believe the tag is only for retention,she's legal to fish,but has to release.
The Fishin Musician

mykiss

• Canadian Aquatics

Thanks guys
Here fishy fishy......

www.canadianaquatics.com

Straight Runner

I think you can fish as many rods as you like from a boat  in the salt period. I do not think it matters who else is with you in the boat, or whether they have licences. Unlicenced people can not attend the rods. I could be wrong though.

from here:  http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish/Law/salmonpoints_e.htm
"There is no limit to the number of fishing rods a licensed fisher may use in tidal waters."

from here:  http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish/KeyPoints/FAQ_e.htm
"Does everyone in the boat need a licence if only one or two are fishing?
No. In tidal waters, one angler may fish multiple lines (from a boat only)."

dog.