Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Re: lesson learned at chehalis nov.03  (Read 20137 times)

ocean_going

• fish on
Re: lesson learned at chehalis nov.03
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2005, 09:06:51 PM »

:o   WOW,   you guys are really getting into it  :o ;D ;D ;D ;D

ocean_going

• fish on
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2005, 09:10:26 PM »

why dont we watch hockey, and watch THEM   fight :)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2005, 09:12:02 PM »

That's it Ocean!!!!!!  The gloves are coming off!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2005, 09:52:23 PM »

Fishin Magician knows his stuff. If anything you should read what he says and learn. Allot of you younger anglers need to listen to those that have fished for many years and appreciate that they give you good advice.

Again " Have a nice day!!" - Mick Foley
Anglers are the biggest liers there is in society, how can you trust what they say? ::)
[

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2005, 09:53:33 PM »

Fishin Magician knows his stuff. If anything you should read what he says and learn. Allot of you younger anglers need to listen to those that have fished for many years and appreciate that they give you good advice.

Again " Have a nice day!!" - Mick Foley
Anglers are the biggest liers there is in society, how can you trust what they say? ::)

Oh.. I thought politics were.. my bad ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2005, 10:13:12 PM »

Rodney, isn't that how the magician signs off on all his post.   I think that all he means is that HE has said enough for the time being!!!!!!

I have no idea, probably. I wasn't suggesting whether I agree or disagree with what CohoOn! posted, or how he posted. The point was fishfreak skimmed through his post and missed the point. CohoOn! was not suggesting that Fish Magician lacks knowledge on saltwater fishing. His point was <clears throat>, part of learning is listening. By implying what you have said is all there is others need to know, you present yourself as an ignorant individual.

Now, keep in mind this is an internet forum, you are communicating by typing, so things can easily be misunderstood. It is possible that CohoOn! misinterpreted Fish Magician remark. As you have pointed out, perhaps Fish Magician was suggesting that's all he had to say on this subject.

Would you like to tell us how old Fishin Magician is?

temper runs naturally I'm Italian , i don't no what to tell you sorry my patience is short as a wick

Everyone has a temper, that is not the issue. Expressing your opinion that others may disagree with class can lead to a great learning experience for all parties. Without class, this is what you get. Some of the comments that I have had to delete from you in the past are disgusting in my opinion, and you actually had the nerve to email me in the past to tell me that you felt being bullied by certain other members in the forum? If you choose to put yourself in that situation, you will get the result you are looking for.

...It is unnecessary to get so uptight, if people say things you don't like then fine just ignore them and forget it man, life is to short to be a sour puss. Its just a forum. If someone says something I don't like then I will tell them but not with a hotty attitude...

Mark has the idea, it's just a forum. Majority of the membership do not disclose their age, and that's exactly why people should not take the comments of those who they do not know personally so seriously. For all you know, you could be "debating" with a 13 year old. Even worse, some adults here actually persist to argue with someone much younger than them on the smallest item... ahem, hook size.

For the third time, relax people.

nigglesworth

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2005, 10:25:11 PM »

papa rodney....  however do you keep us wild ones in line???

I admire the attempt anyway!

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »

if you like to argue, perhaps you would like to be a lawyer one day! put it in good use :)

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2005, 10:40:38 PM »

Rodney should hand out free spoons to keep everyone happy in the forum. :P
[

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2005, 10:40:58 PM »

papa rodney....  however do you keep us wild ones in line???

I admire the attempt anyway!

Give me a couple of whips, and I'll answer that one. ;D

Honestly, I hate to edit and delete anyone's posts at all. The ones I have been deleting, are the ones that I wouldn't even think about typing it out here, or saying it to someone else's face. Not because it'll get me in trouble, but simply embarrassing and rude. You get the idea....

The rules are simple, treat others like the way you wish to be treated here, or on the waters, with respect.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2005, 10:46:19 PM »

Dont let this happy fisherman fool you. What he actually does is find you on river and gives you a thrashing the likes you never heard of. I have yet to receive one.:P
[

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2005, 10:48:18 PM »

Don't tell me you have been longing for my thrashing.... :o No wonder you're not catching coho. You should focus on the fish, not me! ;)

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2005, 10:51:34 PM »

Okay guys, I think there is nothing more to argue about.. next topic ;)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2005, 11:14:51 PM »

Yikes. Ahem. I see I started a fire.

What I meant by "Enough Said" was "I've said enough and voiced my opinion" in support of Gami Hooks, and it wasn't meant to stifle anyone else. In addition, "enough said" referred to my implied opinion of how often "some anglers" may straighten hooks.

At any rate, my opinion is my opinion.  and I had an american angler I guided one trip try Vision hooks on board my boat. After a day's worth of catch and release on a few dozen coho and pink, his Vision hooks were toast. My Gami's were fishing away.....so much in fact, I tied them on for another day. Good hooks the Vision's were though.

In addition, since I infrequently fish the Rivers' relative to the 'Chuck there are some key differences in angling and fishing technique which warrant the use of larger hooks. For example, if you don't want to go hooking grilse (the lower coast) , or burrying hooks in the gullets of Cohoes and Springs all day long (West Coast, North Coast and Charlottes) , I sincerely recommend using larger hooks. In the Queen Charlottes I believe most guides are using 4/0's and 5/0's for the purposes of catch and release. In addition, humpies can make life difficult, along with the Cohoes when they are in thick, and a larger hook is beneficial. When I worked at River's Inlet, I remember the lodges providing 5/0 rigs for the guests.

When fishing locally, I usually will not fish with a hook smaller than a 3/0 hook on any lure unless I am fishing with Firecracker herring or anchovies when there are not a million and one grilse or wild Cohoes around. For example, this past fall, on some anchovy rigs they were tied with 2/0 singles.

Anyways, if someone has a beef and wants to refute my experiences or the experiences of dozens of saltwater guides on the coast, you're welcome to it. Have at it.

Looking forward to getting out on the water locally here soon,

Fishin' Magician.

Enough Said!  ;D  :-*

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2005, 11:22:23 PM »

Don't tell me you have been longing for my thrashing.... :o No wonder you're not catching coho. You should focus on the fish, not me! ;)
Dont flatter yourself all i care about on the river is the fish and maybe some fine fisherwomen.  ;) On that note women really need to start fishing more i would much enjoy a ladies company from time to time on the river.
[