Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another Fisih Farm Problem  (Read 23007 times)

Bassonator

• Old Timer
Re: Another Fisih Farm Problem
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2012, 09:31:55 AM »

Im not asked you first.
Take the T out of Morton.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 09:35:56 AM »

Still waiting for an answer puppet.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2012, 09:42:07 AM »

Still waiting for an answer puppet.

Your posts are a little childish don't you think?
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2012, 09:43:02 AM »

But you find NB's post ok?
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2012, 09:45:08 AM »

How is asking some one a simple question childish.....we are all here showing up for a battle of wits yet you and Nova keep showing up unarmed... ;D ;D ;D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2012, 02:06:02 PM »

Just a thought here af ... stop using the word feedlots; it is getting a bit over used and stale and who knows, maybe we pro fish farmers wouldn't be so hard on you ;)

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2012, 02:22:42 PM »

Maybe some how he could associate it with a foie gras farm.  Another buzz word to mislead and fear monger the public some more to suit his fancy. Ha ha.

Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2012, 08:43:39 PM »

Just a thought here af ... stop using the word feedlots; it is getting a bit over used and stale and who knows, maybe we pro fish farmers wouldn't be so hard on you ;)

From Wiki:  A feedlot or feed yard is a type of animal feeding operation (AFO) which is used in factory farming for finishing livestock, notably beef cattle, but also swine, horses, sheep, turkeys, chickens or ducks, prior to slaughter. Large beef feedlots are called concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs) in the United States[1] and intensive livestock operations (ILOs)[2] or confined feeding operations (CFOs) [3] in Canada. They may contain thousands of animals in an array of pens. Most feedlots require some type of governmental permit and must have plans in place to deal with the large amount of waste that is generated.

The only thing different with salmon feedlots is that there is apparently no government regulations in place to deal with the large amount of waste that is generated. That's why I have also referred to them as cesspools.   :D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2012, 08:59:15 PM »

Fish Farms Become Feedlots of the Sea

By Kenneth R. Weiss
http://curezone.com/art/read.asp?ID=69&db=6&C0=1

Apparently I'm not the only one that recognizes a feedlot when I see one.....   :(

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2012, 09:25:44 PM »

The study is 10 years old.  af, we both know aquaculture like other animal husbandry efforts have improved and evolved in the past decade.  Also, we both know it's here to stay and will expand.  Think ... man has been raising chickens for thousands of years and we still screw up :D

Put your passion to something worthwhile man!

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2012, 10:02:12 PM »

But you find NB's post ok?

I'm sorry. My posts are so deep and chock full of common sense,Einstein like intelligence with a quick dash of rapier sharp wit, that they far exceed your ability to comprehend. I promise to type s-l-o-w-e-r i-n t-h-e f-u-t-u-r-e. ;) ;D :-*

Lighten up Larry. And always use foam instead of feather in a pillow fight. ::)

And another thing. Address me as NS please. NB is the next province to the west.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:03:50 PM by Novabonker »
http://

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2012, 10:06:06 PM »

You are starting to sound like Annie and Absolon. When you don't have an answer, you try to discredit the poster. While it may make you feel good about your own position, it adds no information to the topic.

AF, I actually take that as a compliment considering they have more to say on this issue without relying on speculation as you generally do.  Discredit the poster?  In my opinion, your claims are baseless.  I am challenging you to actually back up some of your claims in this thread, but you seem to content to keep generating more unsubstantiated rhetoric.  Actually, I do feel good about my position in this thread because it is actually back up by facts.  I gave you the facts about IHN, but you just like to turn your head to them (not a big surprise).  If you believe that, “Suggesting that because it's always been there in the wild fish and then implying it's the fault of the wild fish is just a ridiculous argument.”  then please attempt to refute it with something factual.  Please add some information to this if you feel that I am not.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2012, 10:28:38 PM »

Geez Stever, don't you want to take a swipe at me too?
http://

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2012, 01:44:09 PM »

Testing will be taking place this weekend in the Chilliwack area on the Fraser. ;D ;D ;D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2012, 02:39:23 PM »

Testing will be taking place this weekend in the Chilliwack area on the Fraser. ;D ;D ;D

By the MOM?