Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bait fishing vedder  (Read 10415 times)

Barney

Re: bait fishing vedder
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2006, 04:16:42 PM »

Well said 4x4, i'm sure this has been and will continue to be an ongoing topic of debate.  As you said respect and not wanton slaughter of fish is what I'm sure all readers of this forum are about.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2006, 04:36:42 PM »

HI.............. My name is Rick...... and ... I .... am a Bait Fisherman ........ I have been for years now... there I said it.... :'( :'(    my girlfriend hates the smell of roe... she hates it living in our freezer.... but I can't help it...... 

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2006, 04:45:31 PM »

You are not alone Thickrick ;)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 06:29:38 PM by Fish Assassin »

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2006, 05:50:19 PM »

I do as well, though I've now gone 8 days without using bait ( roe ) I have tried spinners but the urge is still there.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2006, 05:54:02 PM »

P.S ,should you use the stincky stuff, remember to wipe the sterring wheel ,controls of your vehicle especialy if you've borrowed your wife's car (more economical)

banned from driving the wifes car l 
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2006, 05:59:44 PM »

hahahaha thx for the advice..... I honestly think I would be cut off for a year if I got roe on her precious jeep !!!  :-\ hahaha

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2006, 06:33:37 PM »

And don't rub your eyes while using roe. ::) Found out what happens the hard/blurry way last year.

wazzu

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2006, 07:11:43 PM »

when i was a kid  learning to fish i used bait, and yes you catch more using bait,so that was cool.
but to be a more technical fisherman learning allthe techniques, one must move off the basics and mature into a proficient fisherman in all aspects.  Back to bait, the mortality rate I believe is far greater.  How many times you figure a wild steelhead is caught on its venture up and down the Vedder River, we don't know, but it's more than once.  I would say several and that stress has to take a toll on the wild stock because a fish cannot resist bait.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2006, 07:30:27 PM »

when i was a kid  learning to fish i used bait, and yes you catch more using bait,so that was cool.
but to be a more technical fisherman learning allthe techniques, one must move off the basics and mature into a proficient fisherman in all aspects. 

Irrelevant to the regulations of fishing techniques.

Back to bait, the mortality rate I believe is far greater.

Far greater than ____? believe = theory, know = fact.

we don't know, but it's more than once.

If we don't know, how do we know it's more than once?

wazzu

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2006, 07:35:02 PM »

just one more comment, I don't fish to catch the biggest, I don't fish to fill my punch card and I don't fish to bring home dinner.  And I don't fish for bragging rights.  I fish to relax and enjoy nature and have a walk-about on the river and to catch a fish is a bonus on such a lovely river.  In one more comment, fishing with bait is no different than putting a salt lick out to shoot a deer.  I think down south they call it chumming.  Thanks for all your attention and interest in this discussion. Fish as it makes you comfortable. Wazzu.

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2006, 07:54:24 PM »

No matter what you do, what you say, they will alway be someone out there to go...

BLAH....BLAH...BLAH...BLAH......BLAH...BLAH....BLAH...BLAH... I am holier than thou!!!!!!!

Do whats is right within the regualtions and enjoy the moment when you see the float takes a dive and a connections is made with the headshake of a mighty steelhead........

wazzu

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2006, 08:23:52 PM »

Chris is an exception to the rule and, yes, he does more to enhance the river than anyone else I know, which I know first hand, because as we know, he cathces wild stock to enhance the river.  And don't forget the other things that he does for the good of Chilliwack.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2006, 09:02:11 PM »

Clearly some of you are unable to play by the rule.

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.