Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rotational Angling on the Vedder? Maybe Not!  (Read 10162 times)

clarkii

• Old Timer
Re: Rotational Angling on the Vedder? Maybe Not!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 01:34:10 PM »

As others have said the issue is the mindset.

ByteMe

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 05:11:31 PM »

That attitude is part of the problem. We should always expect etiquette, and respect, with everything we do as humans. If we don't expect it, we won't get it. Allowing people to be douchebags because it's the norm is just as much a part of the problem as the idiots doing it.

I'm glad Ralph said something, and hopefully that idiot will think twice next time.

The people that low hole are probably the same ones that leaves the Timmys cups at the top of the run for the next group to pick up
There is more Bull S**T in fly fishing than in a Texas cattle yard
                                         Lefty Kreh

doja

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 05:36:38 PM »

Expectations often lead to disappointment... learned this as a child, lol. Clearly others have not learned this important life lesson... and one that paves the path to happy Ness. ( Yes My Spelling sucks,  Expect More FROM Me,  lol)

Expecting things from others.... this made me laugh!

I also find it interesting that those who "expect" are also  the ones who are often in conflict with others ( part of the problem? ) ... things that make you go hmm... lol
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 05:41:04 PM by doja »

Quinsam_Lose_Some

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 06:18:11 PM »

I also find it interesting that those who "expect" are also  the ones who are often in conflict with others ( part of the problem? ) ... things that make you go hmm... lol

No! Just trying to be part of the solution! Bad manners and ignorance should be addressed. As politely, but addressed.

Like Fly-tec says That attitude is part of the problem.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:21:07 PM by Quinsam_Lose_Some »

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 06:56:48 PM »

Shame them into submission.
Muhahaha.......

dave c

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 07:15:28 PM »

Nothing is more gratifying than to have someone low-hole you, only to then subsequently  bag a fish in water that they have covered.

doja

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 08:01:24 PM »

Nothing is more gratifying than to have someone low-hole you, only to then subsequently  bag a fish in water that they have covered.

shhhh! Lol

Baged quite a few this way and I'm totally OK with someone low holing me as it will never negatively effect my day of fishing....

And just to clarify,  when someone tries to force their way on others their natural reaction is to do the complete opposite... sometimes productive but making friends and expressing ones views can lead to the other person understanding and possibly wanting to vs being forced to do something someone else wants done...

And then there are those who don't give a f#$ K... They always put a smile on my face, lol. That's life and we are free to do as we please, thank god!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:10:01 PM by doja »

dlo

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 09:24:55 PM »

just like the CORE course for hunting fishing should follow suit

bcguy

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 05:10:59 AM »

I find the problem of individuals fenceposting during Steelhead season to be a bit problematic and getting worse. Just work that sweet piece of water and move along. Pounding the same piece of water with 50 or a hundred casts before moving a foot is a sure sign of a rookie or a lazy man, so don't be surprized if I watch you for a bit then move below you, I don't have time to watch you throw a 100 casts then decide to switch up your presentation and hit the same piece of water again for another 100
...I knew he was there...and finally after 150 casts to the same spot I nailed him I've heard no one say... ::)
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 07:06:54 AM »

x2
Vedder fish are pounded. Being the 14th person to pass over them vs. 15th is not going to matter. Present your offering properly, get the right drift, use the right tackle.

ByteMe

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 08:49:47 AM »

x2
Vedder fish are pounded. Being the 14th person to pass over them vs. 15th is not going to matter. Present your offering properly, get the right drift, use the right tackle.

Absolutely true........Good rods always get their fish regardless,they spend more time focusing on their presentation,and less time whining on things they have no control of
                                         Lefty Kreh

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 09:13:21 AM »

x2    ..  I got low hole all the time,  it will get worst.
The never ending battle; us bait fishermen are just savages that kill fish due to bait being stuck deep in the fishes throat (cant happen with a fly ::) ) and the fly guy is the gentle surgeon that catches the fish in the most ethical and sportman like way. You dint get that flak the other way round. . . sometimes people need to remember the roots of fishing and stop treating it as a pure amusement for our own benefit.

As for the whole ethics thing 90 percent of guys would and try to follow such principles as fish above an angler already working a run, but the vedder is so busy on weekends its just impossible you will not be able to cover enough water and your chances to catch fish will be near zero (speaking steelhead) i have given up much fishing time due to ethics and i will continue to do so. That being said when it gets this bad i dont see or expect everyone to do the same.
[

ByteMe

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 09:34:48 AM »

The never ending battle; us bait fishermen are just savages that kill fish due to bait being stuck deep in the fishes throat (cant happen with a fly ::) ) and the fly guy is the gentle surgeon that catches the fish in the most ethical and sportman like way. You dint get that flak the other way round. . . sometimes people need to remember the roots of fishing and stop treating it as a pure amusement for our own benefit.

lol........not true Floater,after all it was us fly fishermen that invented flossing with our 15ft leaders,and take 10ft of T14 sink tip,roll it up and shrink wrap it and we have what looks like a 2" piece of lead,but we are gentle surgeons so we convinced ourselves in our minds that it was ethical,but it was the gear fisherman who perfected the technique,so we have to blame someone,much like low holing and fence posting ;D ;D
                                         Lefty Kreh

mvelasco

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 04:34:01 PM »

Same thing happened to me on Tuesday. I glared at the fellow until he knew I was watching and when he looked over I signaled for him to move to the back of the line. He happily obliged. From gear guys to spey fishers etiquette is quickly going down the drain. I even let my brother who's new to swinging flies go ahead of me just so I can push the pace when he stays put. Either work your way down the run and move on to another or reset and go back to the top.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2015, 06:20:42 PM »

nicely trolled and absolutely irrational.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.