Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: going to vedder tmr  (Read 10188 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: going to vedder tmr
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2013, 10:50:50 AM »

Perhaps then the regs should be changed , so that if you are targeting trout their should be restrictions such as maybe max rod size , like maybe 6 foot , something that would be very difficult to play in a Steelie then .

Maybe, there's always room for improvement when it comes to the regulations, that's why there is a regulation committee made up of the Ministry, GoFishBC and stakeholders to revise them annually. I don't dispute that, I was just pointing out what the current regulations are and that some in this thread have interpreted wrongly. ;)

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2013, 03:12:40 PM »

Should be mandatory after Dec. 1 on the Chilliwack system to have a steelhead tag.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

koifish

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2013, 03:57:13 PM »

Why was my comment deleted ?

Silex-user

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2013, 04:43:09 PM »

Should be mandatory after Dec. 1 on the Chilliwack system to have a steelhead tag.

Totally agree JC.

Silex-user

penn

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 08:21:29 AM »

Fred's changed their report and it no longer includes that part . But I agree with the others above , it should be mandatory .Or some rigid rules on trout fishing .

norton

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2013, 01:05:18 PM »

Page 7 of the provincial regulation . You need a steelhead conservation stamp when targeting steelhead in b.c. So in other words if you're after another species you don't need a stamp. That goes for the vedder,chwk river also, BUT, if you're fishing classified waters , you must have a steelhead conservation stamp. The vedder is not classified water.

penn

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2013, 05:29:36 PM »

Page 7 of the provincial regulation . You need a steelhead conservation stamp when targeting steelhead in b.c. So in other words if you're after another species you don't need a stamp. That goes for the vedder,chwk river also, BUT, if you're fishing classified waters , you must have a steelhead conservation stamp. The vedder is not classified water.
That point was already determined.