Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Having a hard time getting motivated to go fishing......  (Read 10187 times)

DRP79

Re: Having a hard time getting motivated to go fishing......
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 06:11:19 PM »

If i was having the same results as you, id be having trouble finding motivation to come home from the river, lol.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 06:19:26 PM »

To tell you the truth... I picked 5 runs in coho season... And I haven't really strayed to much from those runs, just narrowed it down a bit to 3 main runs..  And just lately on advice from others went looking for more challenging water... Found a couple nice spots thanks to a buddy that produced some fish... But still planning on starting or finishing in one of my main spots to fish... My thoughts, why leave producing spots that I know well.. Lol   I'm also pretty sure that there is no way I'll ever see these two cranky old cane wavers in these new runs.. Haha
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

DRP79

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 07:14:46 PM »

I hear ya, if it isnt broke, no need to fix it. Being my first year, i confined myself to a popular meat hole for the first couple months as thats where i was seeing fish caught. I know better now and have seen much more of the river and there are so many nice spots. I am also starting to see that when a fish is caught, it is very likely that similar conditions on a different day is likely to produce again.