Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Closed up shop  (Read 10198 times)

mr.p

Re: Closed up shop
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 10:40:26 PM »

It's unfortunate they are having to close.  I've gone in about a dozen times and have always been pleased with the customer service.  BUT, i really don't see how it could be possible to turn a profit with so little inventory.  There are guys that have fishing closets/garages with more tackle.  My buddy and I were just talking about how few customers we have actually seen in there.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 07:55:07 AM »

Real sorry to hear about Terry's shop closing down, always had good service over the years and found most of the staff knowledgable
and helpful. I sure do wish Terry and everyone else the best and hope they have better success in whichever direction they choose.

swampdonkey

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 08:35:46 AM »

No, the Logan Lake store was closed last fall.
to bad about logan lake store i know they closed every winter and started up in spring again nice people working in there to

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 10:40:37 AM »

It is sad to see indeed, Reaction has always been my go to place in the Valley, they were very supportive for the Steelhead derbies we ran... Darryl and Ferdie were always very helpful and friendly. I knew the store was in trouble last year when the " On the Way" store had more selection of swivels hooks and split rings than Reaction did, hopefully Fred's will start giving a bit better customer service now as they are the only shop close to the river and should notice a jump in business.
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 11:38:39 AM »

never like to see someones dream and aspirations get sidelined. I know what that feels like.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

Kenwee

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 09:34:55 PM »

I did not get decent service from Reaction. I bought stuff from them twice, but I am sorry to see them go this way.Its not nice for this to happen to anyone.
I have always had excellent service from Fred's . I have bought Simms waders, 2 Milners , Shimanos and many other stuff there and I was always treated well there.
Chris has taken the trouble to look after me well, so has David, Chuck and another tall guy I forget his name, apologies.

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 05:09:38 AM »

Other guy's name is Fred if you forgot. :D ;D. For years I'm regular in there and when buying higher price item I'm always getting smoking deal from Fred himself. Don't even have to ask for it.

Kenwee

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 07:32:34 AM »

Thank you, Tadpole, for the heads up on the names of people who have made my fishing experience great. Just a month or so back I order a Simms G4 waders thru Chris. I thought the listed retail was US$579.00 but Chris told me they drop the price to $529.00 Canadian. I did not have to ask they gave me the best prices they could and I really appreciate it. I only buy my gear stuff from Fred's.

Brian at West Coast has been good to me too So has Randy at Match the Hatch. I enjoy going to these stores.However, Fred's is located so close the the Vedder and they open early and it makes it so convenient to get stuff there and then go to the river.

I also bought a Sage Spey rod and a Bauer reel from M & Y and many other items there including a 4wt Sage rod and a reel and many other Simms products there both Gary and Aaron gave me good tips and took time to teach me. Thank you all you good people in these tackle stores, you have made many fishing days happy ones.

Casey Martin

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 12:40:03 AM »

Other guy's name is Fred if you forgot. :D ;D. For years I'm regular in there and when buying higher price item I'm always getting smoking deal from Fred himself. Don't even have to ask for it.

fred jr is the only guy who has given me a deal there and he does it everytime, even if i am just buying hooks, all the other guys i havent recived the greatest service from.

Dogbreath

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 10:10:30 PM »

Retail is tough and fishing tackle is really tough-been there/done that.

Only dealt with Reaction online & over the phone but I could tell it wasn't well run even @ a distance so this is no surprise.