Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BARE WADERS  (Read 10164 times)

rollin

Re: BARE WADERS
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 07:15:02 PM »

have a pair, like moen faucets buy it for looks keep it for life. bring'em back bare will repair or replace.  ;D
shake&bake.

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 05:20:19 PM »

I fish in bare waders all the time and send them back regularly. >:(  While they ship fast :) and usualy send me a new pair ;D I just never seem dry in them. ???  I understand sweat and condensation and all that stuff but... :-\
For the love of god if some one out there knows of the altime durable dry breathable wader, please let me know where to get them and why I should get them.

J
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

Murkeywaters

• Life long angler, arrived in BC Nov 2005 from UK
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 11:49:00 PM »

Simms Guide range,

not cheap - but they breath like no tomorrow!!

And tough as old boots! As well as having an A1 warrenty and repair to go with them.

If you want performance, IMO you have to pay for it. Although I have heard lots of good things about Pategonia, as already reported earlier on this thread by a first hand user, which are cheaper than Simms. But not tried them myself so can't comment.

cheers,

Paul.

Fishmaster J

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 11:53:40 PM »

Moved into a pair of Simms G3's a few months back and, believe me, if you like to fish, and you like to be comfortable, they are worth every penny!!  There isnt  one thing that is not outstanding about them.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 01:40:32 PM »

Well starting to get really fed up with Bare.....
I am now on my 2nd pair of waders (which I just got back 2 weeks or so ago, after them being gone for around 4 weeks) and guess what. YEP they are leaking AGAIN. This time it is only from the knees down and for NO APPARENT reason. I want to take them back in... but don't want to spend another 35 bucks just to get them sent out and get new pairs taht I will need to wait another month for.

I am really wondering why the hell I spent almost $400 bucks on breathables.... for all you people out there thinking of getting breathables don't get Bare or stick with your neoprenes. At least my neoprenes lasted almost 4 years before the feet gave out   ::)

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 04:17:37 PM »

New Blackwaters are in the development stages and from what I have heard from Fred's, is that they might be available for this upcoming Fall ???  Apparently they will look similar to the Simms style of Gore-tex waders.  If you are there and you want more info, he might have some more concrete details.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 06:12:15 PM »

The new black waters are now in stock at hatch matchers.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

shortfloat

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 07:49:32 PM »

the new black waters look totally different than the orginals, not quite sure what they would be like. Any one own a pair???

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »

I used to sell bare wetsuits and drysuits way back when.  Sounds like they haven't changed a bit since those days :)

Another vote for simms.  Mine are too big for me and they still don't come apart like that, and I put a good number of days on them (not recently though  :'( )  I have pinholes from sloppy use but i patch them up and I'm good to go :)  Awesome product.

Bare

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 12:22:30 PM »

I'v had the same pair of Bare breathables for 5 years. Used them guiding for one year and the last 4 years used them alot. I've never had one problem with them. Not even the the slightest leak

shortfloat

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 03:56:57 PM »

From my experience, all waders if used enough will generalte leaks along the seam edges due to the seam tape as others have stated. The most common area of these leaks are on the inside of the leg and around the knees. Companies like Simms have rectified this problem by removing the seams from the inside of the legs and placing them on the front and back to reduce the friction areas. You obviously pay more for waders like this but it is definaltey worth it. The new style Bare waders have improved, however they still have seams on the inside of the legs.

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 10:45:20 PM »

Anybody find any pics of the new waders anywhere?  The Bare website doesn't seem to have them.

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 11:38:58 PM »

I bought the simms entry level goretex waders, have over a hundred days in them and still performing great, never a leak