Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BARE WADERS  (Read 10162 times)

Every Day

• Old Timer
BARE WADERS
« on: February 03, 2009, 06:51:55 PM »

I got a pair of BARE Blackwaters around 4 (maybe 5) months ago. Today I noticed that there are little holes (almost like cuts) running along both sides of the seam in the crotch area on both legs. Has any one else had this happen to them?

If I have the reciept will the tackle shop I bought them from take them back or would I have to go to the actual BEAR outfitters store  ???

Thanks,
Dan

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 08:03:35 PM by Every Day »

Zach

• Fishing Photo's
Re: BEAR WADERS
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 06:58:11 PM »

I had something similar happen to my Bare jacket. I returned it to the Bare store and they repaired it for free.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 08:15:12 PM by Zach »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 06:58:36 PM »

Lose some weight chubby, those thunder thighs are rubbing against each other too much while you walk. ;) Don't worry, just bugging you, I have the exact same problem with Simms Freestone. :-[ :-\ ;D

Take care back the store. I've been told that the warranty turnaround is longer for Bare than Simms. Good luck.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 07:15:25 PM »

looks like a typical blackwater wader to me  ::)
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

drh

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 07:22:10 PM »

You guys got to learn to walk a little more bow leg,ya know like you've been riden a horse for a while before you put your waders on.My freestones are going on 3 and no chafing problems here.The guys at reaction warned my about the possible problems with the breathables so I learned myself not to rub my crotch when I'm walking to the next fishing hole. ;)

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 07:30:31 PM »

Send it to BARE (please note: not spelled Bear) yourself. Turn around was fast with my Blackwater's. Maybe it was because they just sent me brand new ones. I had the same problem as you.

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 07:37:35 PM »

next time buy patigonia's

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 07:42:39 PM »

Mine is coming apart too.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 08:03:17 PM »

What are they, never heard of them before?
I realized my spelling mistake just now sorry.... anyways where do I send them?
Is there a factory close to Chilliwack...
I really dont want to send them in because I only have 1 pair of waders, thats gonna suck going without them.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: BARE WADERS
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 08:14:02 PM »

Bare is located in Langley on Production way. It is called Fitz Wright. This is typical wear if the waders are not sized properly.  They will charge a shipping fee and if they are dirty they charge an extra $15 for cleaning.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 08:46:23 PM »

Ed you have pm..............

Chrome Mykiss

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 08:48:42 PM »

http://www.patagonia.com  (note spelling is Patagonia not patigonia  ::) )

I have two pairs of Patagonia's, both are still going strong, no leaks or issues  ;D I would not hesitate to buying another pair.

All breathable waders eventually wear out and develop leaks. There's only so much a fabric material can take. Leaks along seam tape are common because the fabric is forced to hinge along the edge of the thicker tape material. A well design wader combined with good quality fabric (both face and membrane material) can reduce a lot of these seam tape edge failures. It's also important to have properly fitted waders. 

Dr. Backlash

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 10:01:15 PM »

I have a pair of BARE Cutthroats that are a few years old and I have no complaints about them whatsoever

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 11:12:24 PM »

that's rubbing along the seam tape.  It'll happen if your inseams are too long and you get some wrinkles on the insided of the legs.  It happened to an improperly fit pair of Cabelas waders of mine.  I just sent them back and got my money back.  Been with Simms G3's for several years now and they still look and work great.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:11:19 PM by bentrod »

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 07:47:42 AM »

Next time look for a pair of waders that fit a little better. This may mean purchasing a different brand but those wear marks are not poor manufacturing or material issues but sizing issues. For quicker service you may want to take the time to go to the Bare facility in Langley, others that have get decent customer serice. If you take them back to the store you purchased them at it will take longer.