Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Demonstration Fishery On The Fraser River  (Read 58570 times)

Rieber

• Old Timer
Re: Demonstration Fishery On The Fraser River
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2017, 04:43:11 PM »

I guess you really are missing the point of it all............ Its pretty easy to sit back and troll every post that people make on these forums, and you do. You really, really do....lol. You quit BB. You don't fish for salmon anymore on the Fraser and your selling your gear. Good for you. If you never want to fish this river again, why post at all? Its not like you are helping. Speaking of helping, what have you done, besides hang up your BB gear, to help out the salmon and the rec sector? The FRSA is for fisherman. A voice for the rec sector we truly are lacking. The rec sector is the most divided group there is. He said she said. A single voice is needed........Now you may think that the FRSA is going about this all wrong. Tell me, and the rest of us the right way? I will speak frankly here. I'm willing to get my hands dirty. Wade through the sewage so that guys like you can once again fish the Fraser for salmon.

As for COs time and DFO enforcements time being wasted, its not. With them having to be out on the river, because of a demonstration fishery, it gets noticed. By the GOV and John Q Public.

Okay - you're right. You convinced me and I truly do appreciate your efforts as with the FRSA but I'm not fighting anymore. There are always multiple views on anything worth fighting for.

You want to demonstrate - you go for it.

I respect your rights and opinions.

You're right, I don't have to comment but I damn well felt like it - so I did. I voiced my opinion.

salmonlander

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2017, 05:04:09 PM »

Steelhawk, the demonstration fishery is being held at island 22 boat launch site. Its open to all who wish to participate. Not for boat anglers only. Its for bar fishing only.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2017, 06:09:10 PM »

I'm on board with Rieber on this one. It's a race to the bottom and I don't want to be a part of it  :(

Steelheadfreak: Is that an alternate account? You've only been registered for four days, on the site for 56 minutes total, and made only two posts (both here)?

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 06:51:58 PM »

My first thought is how many individuals involved with organizing the protest have a financial stake in it? asking people to break the law....hmmm. I as pissed as anyone, but I have concerns about the optics here.

Tangles

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 07:00:07 PM »

Presently bar fishing is not closed nor illegal, salmon retention is and this protest is C&R from what I'm getting so technically you could still bar fish for summer steel.  Why so sour everybody? I couldn't attend the event myself but I wish good luck to everyone involved.

Apennock

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2017, 09:29:32 PM »

Funny how this group only raises it head once per year.

Hey now, they pop up at least every quarter asking for money ;)

Zero sympathy or support for you snowflakes who they are more important than conservation and population management efforts. 

This organization needs to start carrying themselves professionally and using appropriate channels like any other political groups.  Otherwise, disband and stop embarrassing BC anglers and giving us a bad name. 

steelheadfreak

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2017, 09:31:17 PM »

I'm on board with Rieber on this one. It's a race to the bottom and I don't want to be a part of it  :(

Steelheadfreak: Is that an alternate account? You've only been registered for four days, on the site for 56 minutes total, and made only two posts (both here)?

Not an alternate. I don't come here much as I frequent 2 other forums most of the time. Same handle. Fly BC and Speypages. I lurk here from time to time. I mostly fly fish these days so I concentrate on those 2 sites. That said, I still bar rig when I can as well as swing flys on the Fraser. I see where you were headed with your comment so I'm cutting you off at the pass......http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/Smileys/default/wink.gif

GordJ

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2017, 09:31:43 PM »

I was going to offer an opinion but after reading the response to Riebers post I can see that I have no right to offer that opinion. Perhaps one day I will have enough cred to avoid the stern talking to that Reiber got. Thanks steelheadfreek for pointing out that our opinions are not as valid as yours.
Good luck to you and the other stakeholders in your protest.

steelheadfreak

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2017, 09:32:53 PM »

My first thought is how many individuals involved with organizing the protest have a financial stake in it? asking people to break the law....hmmm. I as pissed as anyone, but I have concerns about the optics here.

I'm a supporter of the group, nothing else and I have zero financial stake. Just my sanity.

steelheadfreak

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2017, 09:36:32 PM »

I was going to offer an opinion but after reading the response to Riebers post I can see that I have no right to offer that opinion. Perhaps one day I will have enough cred to avoid the stern talking to that Reiber got. Thanks steelheadfreek for pointing out that our opinions are not as valid as yours.
Good luck to you and the other stakeholders in your protest.

lets hear it. I gave him a hard time as I'm sick of his trolling on this and other forums. He talks down to people. Little of his own medicine. So how do you see it?

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2017, 10:26:42 PM »

lets hear it. I gave him a hard time as I'm sick of his trolling on this and other forums. He talks down to people. Little of his own medicine. So how do you see it?

I don't troll anymore either. I haven't used my electric motor in years. Mostly chironomid fishing is all I do these days.

steelheadfreak

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2017, 09:12:22 AM »

I don't troll anymore either. I haven't used my electric motor in years. Mostly chironomid fishing is all I do these days.

ZIIIIIIING!

cdjk123

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2017, 09:14:29 AM »

I agree with the others in this thread who are opposed to this. This demonstration is childish at best and won't accomplish anything. The demonstration  comes across to the public as a toddler who has a tantrum who won't get their way.  If you want change, annoy the HELL out of your local MP, the DFO, your local paper, etc. If you want change, the squeaky wheel will always get the grease. Don't try and change something by throwing a fit and violating the laws. If you wanted to increase  the speed limit on a road because you thought it was too low, you wouldn't hold a demonstration by gathering your friends and speeding up and down the road at your desired speed would you?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:17:26 AM by cdjk123 »

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2017, 09:19:41 AM »

May be this demonstration fishery and media attention is needed to pressure DFO to open it by Saturday.  Probably BC TV or CBC is invited to film the situation down there. If they feel no pressure, then may be they'll open it in October.

Drewhill

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2017, 09:49:16 AM »

I just don't get what they're trying to prove. DFO knows bar fishing doesn't hurt sockeye stocks. They have it closed because even if they open it to selective methods there will still be a bunch of idiots bottom bouncing. Unfortunately it's a case of the few ruining it for the many.