Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 82193 times)

DevonG

Its definitely picking up out there! Fished it yesterday morning with a buddy and managed to short float 3 coho. I took pictures (AKA EVIDENCE!!)  ;) but I have not a clue as to how to add them here. IMHO, this is the best time to fish now. The river conditions are keeping the people away although I am not getting anywhere near the river this weekend.

Have fun, respect the fish and river!

Zanna

Mmm seems like its still slow. I think I'll fish from the beach this weekend with road construction and all.

FishingKing

Today wasn't as busy as yesterday, still a lot of fish showing up and jumping everywhere mostly jacks and adult springs right now. Got a nice 30 pound spring doe and 2 jacks.

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.

There are definitely fish in the river, I got a nice jack, and a wild coho (maybe 4ish lbs but probably under that decent size though) this morning using my special colorado's (brass willow leaf blade, and silver barrel swivels) and missed 2 or 3 more from the lack of caffine in my system and a 3 hour bike ride from Abby to the other side of chilliwack to get my gear, found a lot of nice water to fish aswell during my adventure today. I like the river conditions now, low and clear, makes it a little more challenging to find fish, but it's more rewarding. I went and watched at the hydro bridge and KWB inbetween 4:30-5:45, what a gong show, people bouncing, there are so many floats in the water people are always getting hung up, and in that time, I saw 1 fish snagged in the back and 1 jack landed and retained.

I also cleaned up a bunch of trash and such at the hydro bridge, and left a bag hanging as a garbage bag since i didn't see one there, so people can toss their garbage away instead of leaving it in the rocks or tossing it in the water.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 01:58:19 AM by Ezio »

Athezone

• Old Timer

There are definitely fish in the river, I got a nice jack, and a wild coho (maybe 4ish lbs but probably under that decent size though) this morning using my special colorado's (brass willow leaf blade, and silver barrel swivels) and missed 2 or 3 more from the lack of caffine in my system and a 3 hour bike ride from Abby to the other side of chilliwack to get my gear, found a lot of nice water to fish aswell during my adventure today. I like the river conditions now, low and clear, makes it a little more challenging to find fish, but it's more rewarding. I went and watched at the hydro bridge and KWB inbetween 4:30-5:45, what a gong show, people bouncing, there are so many floats in the water people are always getting hung up, and in that time, I saw 1 fish snagged in the back and 1 jack landed and retained.

I also cleaned up a bunch of trash and such at the hydro bridge, and left a bag hanging as a garbage bag since i didn't see one there, so people can toss their garbage away instead of leaving it in the rocks or tossing it in the water.

Geeez, Ezio !!! A 3 hour bike ride, yikes. You definitely should of loaded up on caffiene before you did that. I'd be lucky if I could walk from Abby to the other side of Chilliwack, you must be in great shape. And well done on hanging up the garbage bag. It's people like you and Chris and others that take the time to better our environment that really make a huge difference, Thanks !!!

And Yeah, I've been to the train bridge and KWB and those aren't the best places to fish for privacy, etiquette and fun. I prefer more solitude and if I need to walk a bit to find it then thats what I'll do. But don't even suggest a 3 hour bike rod, lol. Have a Great weekend Everyone !!!!

farky

However most locals like myself,are happy to see those spots all crowded up like that just means more river for the rest of us to fish. The sad thing is having to clean up after people who may or may not come from other places, that feel the need to leave their trash behind whether it be from a camping trip or fishing. Is it really that hard to pack out what you bring in ?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks I saw the bag now on the ground but hung another up on the nail. Our crews will remove the trash there next Sunday, thanks for cleaning up, good work.

Also put up a few more bags around KWB, some one had thrown a fish head in one, what a smell. Not a thing to do, best to throw in the river as it adds nutrients to the system.

Another foul odor was someone relieved themselves  on he edge of the road at the South East end of KWB, unbelievable.

I fished "The Blue Cup" for an hour missed one, saw Toon land a chum and that was it. I will try the evening bite, if there is one.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:58:16 PM by chris gadsden »

Shmoke Shaman

Thanks @Rodney for the excellent post

Drewhill

Saw a few jacks landed today in the lower section. Lots of people out, no surprise there.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

couple of coho pulled out of the run i was at late this afternoon including the one i got. had a few takes but only one hook up. funny they wouldnt touch the red pro cure roe only the natural stuff. didnt see any springs roll through all day.

Ezio

Should be heading to the vedder Monday, weather depending, (2ish hour bike ride) see what I can get myself into. I'm pretty sore after my 193km road ride friday, then spending the day riding downhill in whistler Saturday.    I got a text this morning from a friend saying he got 3 coho (2 wild 1 hatch)  and 2 jacks this morning so that's very encouraging to hear.

dennyman

• Old Timer

OMG!!  193kms bike ride, that is dedication for you and I hope if you do go out Monday the fish gods are kind to you.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Should be heading to the vedder Monday, weather depending, (2ish hour bike ride) see what I can get myself into. I'm pretty sore after my 193km road ride friday, then spending the day riding downhill in whistler Saturday.    I got a text this morning from a friend saying he got 3 coho (2 wild 1 hatch)  and 2 jacks this morning so that's very encouraging to hear.

You may wish to consider purchasing a car :)

Ezio

Cars cost money, and it's money I don't have right now, plus cycling allows me to get away from everything, I don't have to insure my bikes, and I don't have to pay for gas. I am looking for work right now, but In Abbotsford there is only office work and customer service, two things that I don't want to do. So I go for ride every day and I make sure it's minimum 2 hours long to keep me active during the day while I'm looking for work.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Blue Cup fished lovely tonight but the lovely look was all there was to see for me and a number of others, maybe tomorrow..