Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 Vedder River conditions  (Read 58857 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: 2008 Vedder River conditions
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 09:43:17 AM »

Just got back checking conditions and was surprised the river was still fishable, at the moment anyway. Rain and windy now so I will leave the fish for those out there braving the conditions, including The Master.
I even told him about one of "the hot spots" but" nothing yet" was his report.

Of course I am still riding high after yesterday's success so I can stay warm and dry today. ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 12:22:33 PM »

I sure hope that the river holds for sunday as searun and I have yet to get out.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 04:31:21 PM »

river was colouring up before dark... not sure if it will be fishable tomorrow.... if it rains tonight i doubt it.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 07:38:29 AM »

Extremely windy in Chilliwack this morning.  It is going to make fishing conditions tough.  Me thinks a lot of guys will be blown off the river this morning.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 12:19:59 PM »

Checked the river and it was a bit coloured but was good enought to catch a fish as The Master got a nice doe in the 13 to 14 pound range. It was still very windy in most places.
Rodney may post the pictures of the Master's fish here if he wishes, it certainly was a very beautiful specimen.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 01:50:26 PM »

Here is a photo of Nick's fish. Very beautiful as Chris said. Congratulations. ;)

tim5371

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 09:15:21 PM »

Does anyone know the current conditions of the river (Saturday pm?). I would like to drive over tomorrow, but want to make sure that the river is fishable. Thanks for your help!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 09:22:56 PM »

Does anyone know the current conditions of the river (Saturday pm?). I would like to drive over tomorrow, but want to make sure that the river is fishable. Thanks for your help!
It was still OK at 3, just checked outside and it is broken overcast with temperature around 4.

Should be fine if the rain holds off but the clay slides are touchy so the river can go out at any time because a slump of clay can fall into the river proper.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 10:42:14 AM »

Anyone know what the river looks like today?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2008, 10:57:22 AM »

Anyone know what the river looks like today?
It is perfect as we just checked it after a goose hunt close by.The thing is, anglers everywhere, bring your own rock. ;D ;D

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 11:03:00 AM »

Thanks Chris...I'm hoping by the time  I get there (1:00) people will have had enough and will have cleared somewhat.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2008, 12:41:46 PM »

I had enough by 9:30...... with a 10lbs hatchery doe falling prey to a tasty jumbo prawn, on the 5th or 6th cast this morinin, lower river...... and ya.... fishermen everywhere today

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2008, 07:56:59 PM »

River was in great shape today but man was it busy. It did not quiet down till after noon.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2008, 08:09:54 PM »

Checked it near sunset and boy there was lots of anglers still at it. Ran into a few from the forum as well with one just finding some success. ;D ;D

Now, you weekend anglers leave the river to us retired guys so we can get some fish too.

No need to go out as we will keep you posted on all the steelhead we are catching. ;D ;D ;D

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2008, 08:27:13 AM »

Checked it near sunset and boy there was lots of anglers still at it. Ran into a few from the forum as well with one just finding some success. ;D ;D

Now, you weekend anglers leave the river to us retired guys so we can get some fish too.

No need to go out as we will keep you posted on all the steelhead we are catching. ;D ;D ;D

;)