Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Carp fishing  (Read 9773 times)

BOWHUNTER

Re: Carp fishing
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 09:28:20 PM »

From what I understand about Carp, the key is to cast to them in any possible spot without them seeing you, read the BC Outdoors by Garry at Riverside or just stop in there, he will help you out.

One word caught my eye STEALTH!!

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 12:00:56 PM »

there are bass in all the rivers and slough is that area and please dont be blaming the bass for eating everything they really dont i know a ton of lakes and rivers where there are bass and they all have tons of frogs and tad poles and everything else in them

Nah, I think I will blame the bass if you don't mind.   :P

And yes, there are bass in there... tonnes of them, and some really big ones (probably all fattend up on frogs tadpoles and cutties)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 12:04:54 PM by Jonny 5 »

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 12:36:30 PM »

there are bass in all the rivers and slough is that area and please dont be blaming the bass for eating everything they really dont i know a ton of lakes and rivers where there are bass and they all have tons of frogs and tad poles and everything else in them
Oh goody!  Does that mean I can try my hand at bass fishing in Burnaby lake?

I can't comment on the bass politics but, if they are there,  I am always very happy to go after them.   My question:

Has anybody caught bass in Burnaby lake?  [ probably asking too much, I know nobody likes to reveal secret spots   :-[)

...and by the way,  I hear they will be dredging that lake this year so I am not sure good fishing will last in that lake (...assuming it is good now).

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 12:39:09 PM by fishseeker »

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 01:14:24 PM »

where did you hear they are dredging the lake??? they might be doing this to make it deeper so that it can sustain fish better  ;) I think they need to do that with Green Timbers here in Surrey.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 02:23:03 PM »

There is a section of still creek between Burnaby lake and dairyland (just off lougheed hyway ) there were people fishing so I stopped to see what they were catching . They had so many carp on that little bridge it was unbelievable , however some of the carp were very ugly . I would not eat a carp caught from there , there a lot factories that may leak into still creek .

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 06:40:47 PM »

where did you hear they are dredging the lake??? they might be doing this to make it deeper so that it can sustain fish better  ;) I think they need to do that with Green Timbers here in Surrey.
Some people in my building do volunteer work cleaning and fixing up around Burnaby Lake.  According to them, there are plans to dredge the middle section of the lake to make it deeper.  I think they are doing this because the lake is turning into a marsh as it fills up with sediment.   Maybe it's good, maybe not - I can't help thinking human interferance in natural processes tends to be detrimental but I guess that is a topic for another thread.