Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pick my Fishing Spot.....  (Read 5350 times)

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
Pick my Fishing Spot.....
« on: July 14, 2005, 11:01:20 PM »

;D ;D

oh here it goes... i am going fishing sunday and here are your choices.... whatever you think is the best i will do....

option 1

Capilano/seymour.... although they are dropping they are both close by....

option 2 

vedder river.... thing is i dont know this river well... infact i dont even know how to get there... but if its worth it i will venture...

option 3

sassamat lake or something to that nature.

Let me know what you think i should do...

either this or i guess i might bring my rifle out to sight my new scope...

cheers\\
see ya on the river

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
Re: Pick my Fishing Spot.....
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 11:15:06 PM »

ok or the last option is stay home with the inlaws... you pick
see ya on the river

allwaysfishin

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 11:32:05 PM »

dude, i was in the same boat last monday, i opted for going to the range and playin with the toys, and some serious scope adjusting...... go... you'll really like yourself for it  ;D . nothin quite like the sound of gun fire and the smell of burnin powder...... but then again.......  5 lbs coho, zippin through the pool with your hook set well in it's lip...... hmmmm now i've got a dilemma , and another mondays comin  ;)

itosh

• I EAT llamas!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 11:34:29 PM »

Vedder.  Learn and explore the river so that when coho season comes around you aren't asking the "Where to fish on the Vedder? Where is the Vedder?" type questions.  If you aren't gonna fish it in the fall/winter then I guess the gun range?

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 11:43:50 PM »

well the problem with the vedder is i dont know how to get there ... and also i have been told that the regulations are weird on the river cause one spot they are one way and another spot they are the other....... anyone know directions as in what exit to take comeing from vancouver.... and where is a good start off spoint..are there fish in the vedder

as for taking betsy to the range..... where do youtake her... i was thinking of taking her to squamish and just setting up a target.... 
see ya on the river

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 11:50:02 PM »

My choice is option 2 the Vedder. Unless we get some precipitation the Cap will remain low and clear. If you're heading to the Vedder take the Cultus Lake Turnoff off Hwy 1

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 11:52:44 PM »

really the cultas turn off... do i just drive up that and then i am there???  does it bring me to the road that goes along the river....

do i need wadders for the vedder... or some old runners will cut it
see ya on the river

allwaysfishin

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 11:56:08 PM »

i go to the coquitlam gun range, off highway 7 , past coquitlam center going east, turn at Coast Meridian road going north. Keep going up the hill untill you see the sign on the right for the coquitlam rod and gun club, it's a fairly big 2ft x 3 ft sign. Drop in fee is 15.00, the guy running the show is strict and stern but is a fine gentleman. Range rules are too be strictly followed, just ask what they are if you are not familiar. That said it is a very relaxing and fun place to go for a shoot, in rain or sun. There's always a bunch of cool toys other guys bring out, from pistols to semi auto AR15's and all kinds of sweet hunting rifles. I think the back berm is out to 250 yards with target rows at 25 , 50, 100 and 200 yards. shooting benches with screens between shooters and sandbags for rifle resting. They also sell good rifle sighting targets as well.
berry's bait has fishing maps of the chilliwack river and other local shops may have them as well. A good bet is too familiarize yourself with a local shop whose staff have good knowledge of the waters you desire to fish. It's in thier best interest to help you be successfull  ;D  ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 12:01:20 AM by allwaysfishin »

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 12:09:02 AM »

what do i do...

do you guys think its worth going to the vedder... all the reports seem so blah.....
see ya on the river

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 12:13:46 AM »

Go the Vedder. I need a fishing report  :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 12:30:21 AM »

Go the Vedder. I need a fishing report  :D
May try it in the morning and will give one. Glad to see we will be rolling, rolling rolling right along ;D ;D ;D in a couple of months.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 07:14:19 PM »

Got out around 6 at Peach Road and saw one other angler. He had nothing either. I fished for about an hour and landed one steelhead smolt and had a few other bites from them. Water looked very good. Just as I was taking the rod down at the run just above Peach Road I heard a good splash. Was it a sockeye or Spring did not try for it as needed a coffee and wanted to pick up a couple of indicators for the trip to Merritt.

Picked up some tins and broken glass, enough for the coffee.

Also found a pair of glasses, a float and some roe bags in the Peach parking lot. PM me if you lost them. Used one of the roe bags though. :-[

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 09:00:34 PM »

To get to the Vedder take the Vedder Rd exit and turn right. Once you get to the Army Base turn right just before it. The Vedder River runs along that road on your left hand side. Their are a lots of roads that turn left and places like Peach and Lickman have parking lots. Thats the easiest way of getting there if you have never been there before.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

itosh

• I EAT llamas!
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 09:48:25 PM »

Take the above advice.  I believe the exit is #119 but I may be totally off.
However, if I may, rather than turn right just before the army base, I would sugguest that you turn left and head into the tackle shop that will be on your left.  I think it's called "Fred's Custom Tackle".  Not sure if they still have them, but ask them for a map of the Vedder listing the names of most of the runs and pools.  This will make your exploring much easier and you will also be able recognize place names on various Vedder fishing reports.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 10:59:56 PM »

Yes it Freds open at 7:30am

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family