Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prop repairs  (Read 2780 times)

Rieber

• Old Timer
Prop repairs
« on: July 12, 2005, 10:02:33 PM »

Before I the water gets lower and I start grinding my prop on the bottom, where are the best places to get the props repaired. Aluminum and/or stainless. I would like to know what to expect for prices and turn around times. I'm in Abbotsford and work in Surrey so I imagine I travel past a few places that can do the work. Going through a marina just adds mark-up to the cost. I'm sure there are a few others out there that would like to know where to go when the prop hits the rocks. It going to happen when running props in the Fraser.

johnny

Re: Prop repairs
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 09:59:17 AM »

I took mine to Cascade in Chilliwack, but they send it out somewhere to get the work done. They did a top notch job though and it was pretty beat up. The price was under $100($75 if I remember correctly) so it was much cheaper than a new prop.
Never let the truth get in the way of a perfectly good story...

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 01:13:31 PM »

Johnny, I'm sort of getting the same message. It seems to be running between $60-80. Some people are balancing - some aren't. Someone told me Mike's reels repair will get them fixed up. I haven't look into this yet.

johnny

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 02:41:52 PM »

Johnny, I'm sort of getting the same message. It seems to be running between $60-80. Some people are balancing - some aren't. Someone told me Mike's reels repair will get them fixed up. I haven't look into this yet.
It's important to get it balanced or else you'll cause unneeded wear to your leg. I think many places use the same shop to get the work done.. I believe from what I remember it's actually in Surrey.
Never let the truth get in the way of a perfectly good story...

stryker 07

• Piss on work,gotta go fishing
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 10:30:44 PM »

precision propellor in surrey,on 76 ave a block or two from King george hwy,behind the battery store.
Please honey can i go fishing now???

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 07:05:30 AM »

Holy crap Stryker, that's within walking distance of where I work. Perfect. Thanks a lot.  ;)

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 10:34:27 PM »

I checked out Precision Propellors today - That's the place to take your props. These guys know what they're doing. Balanced repairs with 2-3 day turnaround. $60-80.00 for your average Fraser ding. They have a web site.