Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I Was Insulted Today  (Read 2875 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
I Was Insulted Today
« on: July 01, 2009, 09:18:36 PM »

Went for a jaunt down to Old Orchard Boat launch this afternoon to check the river condition. As I drove down to the water edge a chap and his small son were just coming in to pull out their boat so I backed up and parked on the side of the road to give him room to manover his truck and trailer around. I was walking down to the water's edge and the chap said "Not planning to dump that garbage in the back of your truck are you"?  :o
The garbage bag he was referring too was what I had taken off one of our Adopt a River sign posts I hang the bag on by the BC Hydro Bridge. It was a little over half full so I decided to change it.

Anyway I promptly told him of my involvement in our river cleanup program as I gave him our CVRRC business card and asked him to check the site out and hope maybe he would attend one of our cleanups in the future. I then changed the subject and asked him if he was bar fishing and he said no, bottom bouncing. :o and off I went to dump my garbage in another location, in my family garbage barrel. ;D ;D

I guess I can not blame him for asking as he did not know me and I could be one of the many dumpers that have so little regard for our waterways. I asked him to check out FWR as I was going to write this short little story in the world of The Journal..

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: I Was Insulted Today
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 09:32:48 PM »

C'mon Chris, You know bottom bouncing is legal....  and there is very little chance of incidental bycatch at this time.

We are all fishermen, we should be on the same side as opposed to pointing at each other and making these faces  :o :o :o

I like how he confronted you when he thought you might be dumping garbage. So even though he bottom bounces, I think he's probably a pretty good guy. ;) ;)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 09:35:06 PM »

C'mon Chris, You know bottom bouncing is legal....  and there is very little chance of incidental bycatch at this time.

We are all fishermen, we should be on the same side as opposed to pointing at each other and making these faces  :o :o :o

I like how he confronted you when he thought you might be dumping garbage. So even though he bottom bounces, I think he's probably a pretty good guy. ;) ;)

I agree. Its nice to see people caring. Doesnt matter their method of fishing as long as its legal.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

rides bike to work

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 09:40:25 PM »

you weren't insulted because he didn't know who you were ,were you?One  clip on shaw cable and the fame is already getting to you.just kiddin sounds like this guy cared for the river just as much as you do.

Float Drowner

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 10:28:00 PM »

Hey Chris,

How many of those bags do you have around the river?  I know I have seen a few.  They seem to get used when they are there.
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it!

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 10:48:30 PM »

Chris, old chap, you are wasting to much energy chastising bottom bouncers on the forum when there are many other much more pressing problems affecting our fish stocks.  ???

Fish and let fish, as long as we respect each other and the habitat.  ;D

For the record, only fly fishing is ethical; roe chucking is just feeding fish with a hook.  ;)
Cheers,

Milo

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 11:04:31 PM »

you weren't insulted because he didn't know who you were ,were you?One  clip on shaw cable and the fame is already getting to you.just kiddin sounds like this guy cared for the river just as much as you do.

I am sure he does and I hope he comes if he is able to a cleanup one day.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 11:18:56 PM »

Sorry to get on the BB topic as I have tried to refrain from this topic the last while but by being out on the Vedder this morning and see so many long lining it still bothers me to think people donot want to angle in a way to make a fish actually take your offering. I know we have discussed this topic so much and discussing the topic here creates more problems for Rodney and others and accomplished little other than letting the new angler know about the different ways. Once again I have put the reminder tape across the BB keys on my computer not to hit them twice in a row. ;D

Going fishing now.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 11:24:50 PM »

Chris, old chap, you are wasting to much energy chastising bottom bouncers on the forum when there are many other much more pressing problems affecting our fish stocks.  ???

Cheers,

Milo
You have that right and many of uis are getting tired of waging the battle as the government seems bent on destroying our fish and their habitat with fish farm expansion, logging practices, gravel extractions and run of the river projects. The problem is many just cruise along and donot do as much as maybe they should helping the various groups be it by giving vollunteeer time or contributing funds.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 12:09:45 AM »

You were subjected to public ridicule because of that Leaf hat. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 03:01:29 AM »

You were subjected to public ridicule because of that Leaf hat. ;D
Yep that was it, thanks, I knew there was something and I WAS wearing it proudly yesterday. The chap was a Triple "A" hockey coach from White Rock, I will strike him off the list as a future Leaf Coach. ;D ;D ;D

I am going to wear it fishing this week which I left at home last week and the only chinook I hooked I lost as my knot come untied at the swivel, never had that happen before I should have worn my glasses when tying up. The fish even jumped about 5 minutes later, mocking me as I could see the wool and prawn still hanging from its mouth.  ??? ::) :o

The hat will change things this week with my second chinnok to the beach, want to bet a drennan? No I better not as I know I owe you one on a prvious wager, I will bring it to you on the 11th to Rodney's event. What size would you like?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 03:04:48 AM by chris gadsden »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 11:15:57 AM »

Any size will do as long as it's a Canuck drennan ;)