Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hockey  (Read 7598 times)

leaseman

• on the water or in the bush...thats entertainment
hockey
« on: November 26, 2004, 08:50:51 AM »

Heard on CKNW this am that if a deal isn't reached by Dec 15th that chances are we won't see a season until maybe  Dec /2005....what do you think ???

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
Re: hockey
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 11:04:05 AM »

Want the season back ?

http://www.640toronto.com/no_hockey/index.asp

Sign the petition

Sure sucks to have to only watch "Movie night in Canada"...scary thing is that they're getting the same number of viewers as hockey did on CBC...
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 12:13:57 PM »

Both sides are so entrenched in their respective positions I can't see them settling the dispute for quite a while.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 03:12:11 PM »

Want the season back ?

http://www.640toronto.com/no_hockey/index.asp

Sign the petition

Sure sucks to have to only watch "Movie night in Canada"...scary thing is that they're getting the same number of viewers as hockey did on CBC...

Why beg a bunch of millionaires to get back to the game.  Support Affordable hockey - Go watch a minor game.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 07:04:25 PM »

Hockey is a lost cause this year. By the way thats a Toronto site by the looks of things... What is a petition going to do? If someone is on strike you can't petition them to come back. I played junior hockey and trust me its entertaining support the Giants. BCJHL is also a good league with many teams in almost every city. I have been watching AHL Hockey on Sportsnet their are some NHLers playing this year and some older guys who are a bit past NHL prime, playing as well. Its very entertainnig just check the TV schedule.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Bantam_50

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 10:45:24 PM »

Wrap up the if's, maybe's and mights and flush them down the toilet like the season and their idiotic negotiating. Make them all sit till next year....maybe even start a new league free of high priced prima donna's.  :P

Terry Bodman

• Old Timer
  • A poorly tied fly is better than no fly at all!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2004, 08:39:39 AM »

(Just an opinion). This is a labour dispute...nothing more...nothing less. The two sides are equally to blame. When two sides get so entrenched that there is no movement it's time to let things "self-destruct." Some players will disappear, some teams will disappear, and some owners and general managers will disappear. The result in about a year...a better league and a higher quality of hockey all around.
As someone else on this thread has said, go and watch some junior hockey. That's what I'm doing. It's great hockey and affordable as well.
"One man of courage makes a majority"

Bantam_50

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004, 05:19:58 PM »

I agree Terry....some of the best hockey I watched was in 94' while working on the UNBC site.... we'd catch the Prince George Spruce King games. Exciting hockey, with young players working hard to make a name for themselves.  ;)

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 01:28:37 PM »

I've lost interest.