Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 144136 times)

Every Day

• Old Timer

River is looking great right now. Your fin run is gone Chris  ;D  Some sweet looking water anyhow. Can't wait to get out an actually fish instead of exploring and taking pictures  ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

When I looked at the river by the Lickman parking lot this morning conditions were great. Temperature a little above freezing with a slight North East wind. It felt like steelhead season. ;D ;D Saw 3 people working the water and one watching.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Heard of any reports of steelheads showing Chris ?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Heard of any reports of steelheads showing Chris ?
Not yet but I have not been out.

Every Day

• Old Timer

Was out on Monday.... saw 2 fish rise to the surface and an 4 ft long river otter  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Was out on Monday.... saw 2 fish rise to the surface and an 4 ft long river otter  ;D
Chum. ;D ;D

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Was out today trying the new path on the back side of the river this year. I thought Id be fishing this spot alone as it was a bit of a walk, but It ended in 5 guys fishin the same hole?  ::) I guess some other people cant wait to hook into some steel either. From everyone Iv talked too no ones seen or heard of any yet.
The Bigger The Better!

SmokeyRiver

Re: 2008 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition upda
« Reply #217 on: December 04, 2008, 05:40:44 PM »

Theres been 2 for sures on the steel that ive heard of.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Condition good this afternoon, a few early birds working the water.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions looking good today again. Talked to three experienced steelhead anglers but no Iron.

One said he hooked  some chum.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

Thanks Chris..... I just got layed of for the rest of the month, so I will be getting out to the river a far amount lookin for some early steel.  After only getting out for Steelhead once last year, I'm looking forward to it.  I've been working on my gear and Roesacks all day.... ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks Chris..... I just got layed of for the rest of the month, so I will be getting out to the river a far amount lookin for some early steel.  After only getting out for Steelhead once last year, I'm looking forward to it.  I've been working on my gear and Roesacks all day.... ;D
Look forward to seeing you out there again, it should be a good year. ;D

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Laid off? well that will definately mean youll have to change back to Big Steel.  ;D
The Bigger The Better!

Every Day

• Old Timer

Have heard of 6 caught thus far, and 4 weighed in at Fred's, looking to be a decent start to the year already  ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

Look forward to seeing you out there again, it should be a good year. ;D
I have everything ready for tomorrow.... you going to be out?   ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!