Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 144132 times)

kingpin

• Old Timer

wow 1 shot eh, i guess your shooting is improving  ;D i got all my migratory licence and special area permit last week and some shells...its go time
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

lulu

Hi Everyone,

Thinking about heading out to the Veddar tomorrow but haven't seen any postings on it lately.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Lots of chums moving throughout the river. Expect a gong show on the weekend

hue-nut

• Old Timer

if you want to walk a little bit you can get away fromt the show, I fished last sunday and saturday and both days were very productive with no more than two or three people at each run.

Every Day

• Old Timer

Gonna revive this thread....

Was out today, lots and lots of chum around, most were on the pretty ugly looking side. We also talked to a servey person in the parking lot and both her and all the other servey people had not recorded any coho or springs yet today, that was at 11 am. 

It was like a monsoon today in Chilliwack. I have never quit fishing before because of the wather but today was an exception  . Was steady raining and very hard, the pics I took were at a relatively calm period, after the the rain picked up and raindrops were bouncing 2 inches off the water... As we left the river was already coming up and visibility was down from crystal clear yesterday to around 2-3 feet and was getting worse, might be blown tomorrow.. :'(

bmynbr

Vedder/chilliwack
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2008, 07:14:17 PM »

Hey there, I was just wondering if it would be worth going to the river tomorrow, or if it would just be too murky and deep.  If anyone was out there today and seen what the water was like with all the rain it would be super helpful.
Thanks, Dave

hue-nut

• Old Timer

it will be pea soup, i'm only 15 min away and I won't make the trip tomorrow, definately not worth it if you're driving far.

bmynbr

cool thanks, how long after it stops raining does it clear up.  I would assume a couple of days

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

With the amount of rain expected, it is going to take more than a couple of days to clear up. Keep an eye on the hydrograph and hopefully a couple of local anglers like Everyday will be able to provide an update once every few days.

Every Day

• Old Timer

Came up around 2 feet and is brown.... if the rain tapers off in the next 2 days you MIGHT get a day of fishing in on Tuesday (assuming you have the day off). Currently it is rainign quite hard in Chilliwack right now and there are puddles (or should I say swamps) all over the roads, etc. Im assuming it will be coming up a little bit more over night.

kingpin

• Old Timer

hopefully it blows and changes big time, that will give me something to do in the coming month
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

cheerglory

I went to Vedder River on the morning of 9th Nov. found the water level is high and flowing quick.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

There was a poweroutage from freds tackle to peach road today so went out fishing. The water is really high, and the clarity is decent, saw a bunch of ripe coho moving through, that was about it.
The Bigger The Better!

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

water is in mint condition, just a little to high. After these 60-90km winds we are getting tonight, I exspect some of that clay will find its way back into the river.
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions looked good today, can the Irons be far behind?