Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harrison - Nov 13th  (Read 1512 times)

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
Harrison - Nov 13th
« on: November 13, 2004, 05:36:35 PM »

I was out on the Harrison river today, I was able to try out some new gear. Neither me nor my dad were able to land anything fair-hooked, we accidently snagged a few chums that were quickly released. We fished close to the mouth of the Chehalis, at the top of the row pylons upriver from Kilby, and the golf course.

We were tossing everything we had, spoons (we had the most hits on sponns), flies (had a few hits on black wooly-buggers), spinners, drifting yarn, not much action overall. No coho to report, didn't see any caught, lot of sturgeon guys out there, dunno how they were making out though.

If you want cheap gas, there's a station selling it for 69.4 a litre, just thought I'd mention it for anyone heading out that way.

A big thanks to Sgt. Slaughter for the engine, I managed to break the pull-chord, but was able to work around that. It's a great engine for my zodiak (31 km/h with two people).

Also one question, there seemed to be a lot of hunting going on while we were there, I found a dead duck that was in a "sleeping/resting" position floating in the water (it might have well have been alive going by the looks of the bird), but there were no marks on the bird, does anyone have a possible explaination ?

That's my last last trip of the season on the Harrison, good luck to the rest of you that give it a shot.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 05:38:06 PM by Spudcote »
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote