Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Labour day family fishing  (Read 1424 times)

scales

• I'm a llama!
Labour day family fishing
« on: September 06, 2005, 05:33:42 PM »

Spent the day out with several families fishing for Socs on the Fraser and what an eye opener I had!  Fish were caught  left, right and center by the group.  The beauty of all this was they were caught by a bunch of 10 year olds who were competing with each other.  One even offered to help his Uncle catch his Socs for him... ouch!(btw, uncle ended the day with 1 soc only...nephew - limits out) I heard the other child tell his old man that he would not take any handouts!  Ok this is serious stuff  :o .  Final count 5 kids bagged their own 2 soc 2 pink fish limits and bruised some egos doing it! Oh by the way it was their first day out fishing level wind reels!  Goes to show, give a kid a chance on the river to fish and we all will have a great chuckle, not to mention eating some humble pie  ;) The moms appreciated the graciousness of the fishermen down on the bar for allowing the kids their opportunity and I found 5 new fishing partners; hope they don't learn BAD habits from me!  :-X

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
Re: Labour day family fishing
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 07:42:18 PM »

it's good to hear that everyone can enjoy this  :) good for the kids when my son is old enough I'm sure he'll out fish his good old dad  ::)

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 01:34:47 AM »

Nice report, Scales.  It is nice to hear some good reports on the sockeye bars where people are friendly and helpful.  Sockeye fishery brings the family atmosphere out and that is great.  Sporting or not, sockeye fishery is one that can be enjoyed by folks of all ages, including moms and girls.  You can not say that for most other salmon fishery. Scales, did you haul another load of garbage out from the bar like I saw you did last time?

scales

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 10:21:26 PM »

Thanks Funfish, we did not haul bags of garbage that day just ours.  However we did haul out garbage a couple more times after you saw us, sad part of all this is that the bar looks worse now with all the garbage/lines. >:(   We plan to clean up again in the near future.