Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fly fishing advice  (Read 5935 times)

apollo

Re: fly fishing advice
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 10:21:54 PM »

apollo, certainly not offended, and admire your C&R ethic, just curious how you have concluded fish from Cultus Lake are unfit to eat?
 I’m familiar with pretty much most of the water quality/contamination/pollution issues with Cultus.  For sure there are problems as you would expect from any lake that has an est. 3 million visitors annually, but ….. data available for this lake, (and there's lots … Google Cultus Lake sockeye) does not indicate any reason not to eat fish from this system.

This is good to know. Have you ever eaten any fish from Cultus lake? And if yes, how were they?

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 08:25:09 PM »

"Have you ever eaten any fish from Cultus lake? And if yes, how were they?" 

Good question apollo and it got me thinking - I have eaten many fish from Sweltzer Creek over about 50 years (char, cutthroat, whitefish, chum, coho, and yup, sockeye, and .... my first steelhead caught in 1960) but the only fish I have eaten that actually reared in Cultus Lake was a Northern Pikeminnow.  It was barbied and really over cooked ... and it was not good.  But my tastebuds were probably in denial due the many beer consumed ::)

apollo

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 08:38:21 PM »

"Have you ever eaten any fish from Cultus lake? And if yes, how were they?" 

Good question apollo and it got me thinking - I have eaten many fish from Sweltzer Creek over about 50 years (char, cutthroat, whitefish, chum, coho, and yup, sockeye, and .... my first steelhead caught in 1960) but the only fish I have eaten that actually reared in Cultus Lake was a Northern Pikeminnow.  It was barbied and really over cooked ... and it was not good.  But my tastebuds were probably in denial due the many beer consumed ::)
LOL. Thanks Dave.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 07:14:51 AM »

get a good pair of Polaroids...save your eyes from reflection and flyin' flies...;))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley