Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Furry Creek  (Read 9530 times)

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
Re: Furry Creek
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2021, 10:23:31 AM »

Seen a few waves of pinks today just off the beach. Right under the boat and front , behind . Chucked a spoon through but couldn’t get a bite, weird . Each batch was a few hundred fish . One cast I pitched was right on top of them as they came right towards my boat , I could see my spoon right in the mix but they weren’t interested. This happened 4 times on each wave of fish . I switched to a tiny buzz bomb . That didn’t work either . Maybe they were coho and turn down the pink lures . Who knows . A few beach anglers got lucky I seen .
Guess I’ll wait and see if they open springs in September out in the chuck .

Yeah it was kind of weird .. I fished there about 10 days ago and there were several schools pushing through. I would cast in front of, or into, the school but they were pretty tight lipped for the most part. My results were not unique.

It was SUPER windy that day and guys were leaving due to difficulty casting but it was really cool because it was also sunny so you could see the schools in the wave crests. I have seen fish porpoising in prior seasons but never anything like this. It was quite the sight!

Oddly enough, I've had a pretty slow season compared to 2 years ago. A few fish to the beach but I miss those multi-fish days where you have one on every 15-30 minutes. Other guys have been making out better though.

Tight lines!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 10:25:13 AM by zabber »
A rig out of water catches no fish.

Angler2214

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2021, 07:38:19 AM »

Newbie on this forum, any more salmon passing by Furry Creek these days? Haven’t been there for 2 weeks now.

Old Blue

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2021, 11:15:23 AM »

Newbie on this forum, any more salmon passing by Furry Creek these days? Haven’t been there for 2 weeks now.

They're in the rivers most likely, Squamish is well past it's prime as well

Angler2214

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2021, 10:25:49 PM »

They're in the rivers most likely, Squamish is well past it's prime as well

Thanks Old Blue, appreciate it and saves me a trip up the Sea to Sky to check. Happy fishing!