Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buntzen Lake - May 24  (Read 846 times)

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
Buntzen Lake - May 24
« on: May 25, 2008, 08:29:30 AM »

Didn't have the chance to fish Buntzrn for almost a year and thought to give it a try yesterday. Pressure was very high at the boat launch dock as many families were out for picnic yesterday. I was in a boat and tried spinners, wedding band and bait (powerbait, plastic worms) under a float. It was a very slow day with no action on the surface. It picked up a little bit around the evening time. I hooked a small rainbow which I released and other than that nothing!

All in all, it was a nice day on the lake an of course good time to get some Vitamin D  ;)

WestEast

Re: Buntzen Lake - May 24
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 08:01:02 PM »

Just spent a few hours floating - one 10" cutthroat in the shallows near the jetty, other than that, nothing. Did see two canoes capsize - the first had the solo guy with a lifejacket floating by his waterlogged craft till a passing boat pulled him to the floating docks. The other, had a lady carried into the Park vehicle, looked like she was hypothermic. It takes quite a motion to capsize a 16ft canoe on calm water - must come down to inexperience or ignorance of watercraft.

salmon river

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 08:24:02 AM »

Are their Kokanee in Buntzen? I seem to recall hearing that somewhere...

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 08:35:52 AM »

I met a guy while fishing at Sasamatt Lake several weeks ago , he fishes there until the gate opens at Buntzen .  He has been catching kokanee up to 11 inches from the small fishing platforms .

gheart008

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 09:38:12 AM »

Was out on Saturday as well.  Got some solid hits, but couldn't set the hook on any of them, except for one but ended up snapping my tippet.