Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Would like to rent: MS Office PRO 2003  (Read 2297 times)

Ken D

Would like to rent: MS Office PRO 2003
« on: November 26, 2012, 02:34:53 PM »

I would like to rent the above. The used PC I purchased, has  a legal install of  ms office pro 2003,  but it got badly corrupted about 2 weeks back, and will not uninstall. Being used, there were no disks. I want to over-write the corrupted copy with a clean copy, and return the disks to the owner. I can supply the legal registration, and the key to a prospect, as I have no desire to pirate the suite...I just wish to avoid a re-purchase, and regain the ability to use the word, and the excel.

Should a reader be able to assist, that would be great, as all my word and excel documents cannot be opened. Nor can I make new ones.  Thanks, Ken.  kdriedge@telus.net

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
Re: Would like to rent: MS Office PRO 2003
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 03:08:30 PM »

In the meantime you could try openoffice...does the same stuff but it's free
http://www.openoffice.org/

Ken D

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 03:39:07 PM »

Hi, Yes....Open Office will happen, once I get the ms cleaned up. Present documents will not migrate to open office until the ms office is uninstalled, so I have been told.   

camtheman

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 08:18:09 PM »

ken if something becomes available im going to the fraser valley boxing day and coming up in the new year so i can act as a courier if youd like

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 08:48:26 PM »

Hi, Yes....Open Office will happen, once I get the ms cleaned up. Present documents will not migrate to open office until the ms office is uninstalled, so I have been told.   

I would think you could have both installed no problem.  If you were to double click on a file in windows it would probably try to open it in office by default.

However if you started openoffice first and opened the file through that program I'm pretty sure it would work.  I could be wrong as well.  :)

Ken D

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 09:29:41 PM »

Hi, Cutt. I can certainly try...I have plenty of space left on the hard drive.

Ken D

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 09:32:41 AM »

I might be OK.... the eeb,eh? had a couple of disks on, for 21.00 and stamps, so for under 25 usd, I can see if they do the trick. If they do not, I'll just re-format the drive, and do a clean install after that.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 12:25:11 PM »

It does seem odd that your office would get corrupted in the first place.  Hope it is not a sign of hard drive failure or a virus or something else.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 02:41:32 PM »

My office drive went corrupt about 2 years ago...
Soon after other files started going corrupt, and then the program that allowed me to use the internet went corrupt as well.
I had to install windows 7 on my compy after that...

Just don't spend too much money trying to fix it in the next couple months.
Mine all started going corrupt about 3 or 4 weeks after office went..

Ken D

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 05:20:07 PM »

It does seem odd that your office would get corrupted in the first place.  Hope it is not a sign of hard drive failure or a virus or something else.

Well, I took two pills: an ignorant pill, and a stupid pill.  I thought I had the disks, but I was totally wrong. Ignorant. I uninstalled the office by accident. Stupid. I tried a system restore, to no avail. Now, there's this little window called windows installer that folllows me everywhere I go, and the inability to open anything in word, or excel.

Just now, I installed the free open office, which indeed allowed me to get to my word, and excel stuff, but that little windows installer window is still there, in explorer, outlook express, anything. I can use the firefox and that does not have the corruption.

Anybody out there, feel free to yell .....~~nanner nanner boo boo... dumazzz~~.... ;D ;D ;D

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 11:20:39 AM »

So did ya get a copy of office 2003?