Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hatzic Lake  (Read 6979 times)

fish fear me

Hatzic Lake
« on: August 24, 2014, 08:51:37 AM »

I'm going to try this lake for crappie before it gets to cold but I don't  know how to target them or where to fish from (I don't have a boat) . Im catch and release so I don't mind if there small, (I just don't wanna get skunked for crappie)

MetalAndFeathers

Re: Hatzic Lake
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 09:33:38 AM »

Never fished haztic but when i fish crappie at pitt meadows and whonnock lake i fished lime green tube jigs with great success.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 03:35:22 PM »

Crappie bite on almost any moving food source.

bunnta

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 10:23:52 PM »

hatzic lake is pretty dependant on water level. fishing can be pretty bad if its high water, you will hook into the odd fish here and there if u know where to look but a lot of structures are submerged. i fished it for many years for crappies so i tend to know where they usually school up and high water sucks with all those wakes from water skiing. i fly fish exclusively for them so its not as productive as a simple jig and grub set up but nothing beats top water action or having them chase your fly and hammer it right where you can see it happen. all i can tell ya is to fish it when its low and once you know where the structures on the banks and weed area it will help u do better in the future and a boat is a must on this lake.

fish fear me

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »

Is there really no docks or anything to where you can target crappie :'( or if there really isn't can you at least rent a boat somewhere on the lake?

featherchucker

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 11:34:09 PM »

no public docks and no boat rentals from what I know and I have lived near there all my life.You can try the rock bluffs off the north side of neilson park or the weeds off the same park.