Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sockeye Hero shots  (Read 11084 times)

HOOK

• Old Timer
Re: Sockeye Hero shots
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 10:13:41 AM »

Okay give it up on the chum boots. We all know they turn almost instantly when they hit fresh water(not all but alot) so how about try putting up pics of boot Coho and Chinook. What i mean by boots are not just slightly coloured but the ones that have probably been pulled off their reds like in the first pics put up.

And no Kingpin steelhead don't count when I say they don't. I know tons of people that think the colours of a melted steely are better looking then when it's bullet chrome however they would never kill one in that state.

And by 3 I meant 3 seperate guiding outfits not 3 pics from one. I knew you guys would go after the chum first cause they're the easy choice obviously
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 12:32:16 PM »

I know its a chum but how didn't it fall apart in his hands-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sherrett/3034212080/

one more cast

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 12:42:18 PM »

Oh man, talk about uneducated...and he looks so proud >:( >:( >:( >:(

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 12:46:10 PM »

OMG, and I imagine it put up one heck of a fight.  ::)

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 01:23:48 PM »

LOL Its all good humor to me. ;D that chum almost made me vomit however LOL
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^

bcguy

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 02:42:09 PM »

Chum...do people fish for those things... ::)
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 05:16:51 PM »

They fight like hell.I have only kept 1 ever.I'm actually looking foreward to them. ;D
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 05:25:34 PM »

so nasty...big grin on this face about it too. tsk tsk

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 05:30:49 PM »

ok Cali, I challenge you to find 3, YES 3 pics of boot fish glorified on Western Canadian guiding websites  ;)
I predict you probably wont find any especially 3.

A ridiculous, even mean-spirited, challenge.

With 4 US states that border on the Pacific Ocean vs one Canadian province (never mind that one of those states has a population the size of the entire country of Canada) you are going to have alot more guiding outfits, therefore a alot more pictures to bolster your ridiulous case.

Further, many guiding clients just want to catch salmon, are pleased as punch when they do, and the guide is happy to oblige them with a picture. Websites full of happy clients with fish mean more future clients. (Smart guides however will keep the boot shots to a minimum and include some bullets too)

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 06:42:45 PM »

And no Kingpin steelhead don't count when I say they don't. I know tons of people that think the colours of a melted steely are better looking then when it's bullet chrome however they would never kill one in that state.

HAHA ya right a kelt steelhead is better looking than a ocean fresh sealiced fish? they should be left alone to spawn not get pics taken with. The guys that think that way are the ones that can't get them until they are late season stacked up like that.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 07:13:54 PM »

January Fishing was slow, but didnt get skunked
The Bigger The Better!

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 07:50:30 PM »

You guys do realize that I'm just stirring the pot right ??

KP - and no the people like the colours of the fish, they do not like seeing them pulled from their reds Thank You. I have only caught 2 kelts so far and I like the colouring on them myself, not more than chromies but close to even.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 08:07:19 PM »

You guys do realize that I'm just stirring the pot right ??

KP - and no the people like the colours of the fish, they do not like seeing them pulled from their reds Thank You. I have only caught 2 kelts so far and I like the colouring on them myself, not more than chromies but close to even.

you suck at stirring the pot. take lessons. for example. the fact that you have caught only 2 kelts ever is no surprise based on the single digit numbers you put up.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Fish Slayer

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 08:46:33 PM »

you suck at stirring the pot. take lessons. for example. the fact that you have caught only 2 kelts ever is no surprise based on the single digit numbers you put up.

ouch lol

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 11:23:24 PM »

I think the first pic with the red sock is kind of cool.  Sounds like we are getting a wee bit arrogant. Makes a good pic, don't think the guy took it home for dinner.  I might take a picture of the fish as well.  Lets not be snobs...