Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chinook Regs  (Read 1268 times)

sapper

• 2000 Feet 3 Miles East of the Port Mann, Full Stop
Chinook Regs
« on: August 31, 2010, 11:57:29 PM »

Just reading through the DFO's regs on Chinook which say the following.

5.There is an annual limit of 10 adult chinook from all non-tidal waters. All retained adult chinook must be recorded immediately on the back of your freshwater angling licence. An “adult chinook” in Region 2 is defined as being over 50 cm except in the following areas where an “adult chinook” is defined as being over 62 cm:
A) the Fraser River downstream of the powerline crossing approximately 1 km above the Agassiz/Rosedale bridge from Sep 01 - Dec 31,
B) the Chilliwack/Vedder River (including Sumas River); the Harrison River and the Capilano River.

On the Veder, the limit is 4 per day, only 1 over 62 CM.

So, am I correct in thinking I can take 4 per day (theoretically, I wouldn’t want 4 in a day) - 1 being over 62 CM - and I only need to record the one that’s over 62 CM on my license as it’s an "Adult" due to its length, or do all 4 need to be recorded?
From the coasts of BC and Newfoundland Labrador, to the smallest crevasse in the hills of Afghanistan.  Support your Canadian Troops!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Chinook Regs
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 12:02:37 AM »

You only have to record the one "adult" (over 62cm long) on your licence, the other three fish need to be under 62cm long.

sapper

• 2000 Feet 3 Miles East of the Port Mann, Full Stop
Re: Chinook Regs
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 12:27:34 AM »

Right on, Thanks Rodney
From the coasts of BC and Newfoundland Labrador, to the smallest crevasse in the hills of Afghanistan.  Support your Canadian Troops!