Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lafarge Lake feb 20th  (Read 1650 times)

Sinaran

Lafarge Lake feb 20th
« on: February 20, 2006, 07:30:45 PM »

Couldn't get the steelhead to bite at all, so i just switched to local lake and target their fresh water cousin, the 'bows.  :P
Arrived at the lake around 3pm and i was the only one fishing there, and 10 mins later, another fisherman pulled up next to me.  Through some conversation, i realized this fine man is actually from this site too, nice meeting ya Reservoir Dog!  :D  It was cold this afternoon, the fishing was slow too. As usual i fished with worm in a slow retrieve. landed a 14 inches 'bow at around 3:30pm.  went to the sand beach side and gave it a try, couldn't get a bite at all.  it was just unusually slow today, so i just packed it up at around 4:30pm.  No kokanee caught this time.  ;)   
buds were fishing at mill lake in abby, they couldn't catch anything specific too ( a few catfish ).  fishing is slow at the lakes when the weather is cold i guess..?
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

sliverbullet

Re: Lafarge Lake feb 20th
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 07:53:35 PM »

i was out right after ice off and it sucked glad to hear its slowly picking up you got a bellie boat??

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 10:49:49 PM »

thx for the report.....ps justin shrink your picture ;)
weeeeeeeeeow!

Reservoir Dog

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 11:39:15 PM »

Nice meeting you Sinaran, that was a nice little fish you got today. Next time it'll be my luck ;)

Thanx again for the worms, next time I'll supply them too. I think when it gets a litte wormer I'll bring my infata-boat and try a little farther out and see what turns up.

I think while it stays cold, I'm gonna have to invest in a pair of gloves :lol: couldn't feel my right pinky, I have nerve damage and when it's close to zero I lose feeling in it.

Sinaran

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 12:34:05 AM »

: couldn't feel my right pinky, I have nerve damage and when it's close to zero I lose feeling in it.
tell me about it! while i was cleaning up the fish in the water, my fingers could barely flex! i had to rub them for a good minute before i could cast again  ;)
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!