Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ambleside, Friday Sept. 23.  (Read 1378 times)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Ambleside, Friday Sept. 23.
« on: September 23, 2005, 08:16:25 PM »

hi everyone..

Yet again, another charter for me today.

Fished Ambleside this afternoon, it was ROUGH, and it looks like Environment Canada can't forecast S&*$!!!!

Got a tip off from the morning guides that it was the usual fare, and that the fish were being hooked in the usual spots, but also in some different spots.

Report was that there were 50 boats at one point this morning--and that may have produced a slower result...as there were 8 springs taken.

Sooo...at any rate, I got out there myself, and there were 12 boats fishing the area.

I picked up a 24 lb Spring which I bonked and released 2 wild Coho beside boat--which took off like BULLETS.

At any rate, I know of 4 springs caught this afternoon.

I am out tomorrow morning, and I hate to say it, but my spouting off on these boards is going to cause quite a fuss with a million and one boats fishing the Ambleside area tomorrow. Oh well.

Tight lines Everyone!

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Ambleside, Friday Sept. 23.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 09:35:00 AM »

Well I will be in one of those boats. I am going out for the first time ever for spring in the ocean/chuck.  I am a river fisherman, but I couldn't resist anymore.  I leave in an hour and I am chomping at the bit!!!!!!!!!  Anyhow, I hope that I at least see one caught.  I will report when I get back tonight.  I'll take the camera as well just in case.  I hope that I'll need it!!!! Wish me luck. ;D ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 02:05:18 AM »

How did you do on your charter Big_Steel? Weather's good today, and water not too rough.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 04:37:53 PM »

Well the water was rough on sat afternoon out in front of the cap.  In 5 hrs we hooked one fish and it got off quickly.  Was a rough day. :P :P
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!