Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best buy on Waders ?  (Read 5066 times)

James

Best buy on Waders ?
« on: October 03, 2005, 01:58:17 PM »

I need some new waders for this season . Anybody know of some good deals out there ? I am lookin for a NON neoprene type . I have had neoprene before and found that they are too hot for what i use them for . great for winter steelhead fishing but boiling hot when its fall and you have to hike for 20-30mins to get to your favorite fishing spot . So if anyone has any recomendations as to what type , brand , or store to go to that would be appreciated . Thanks .
Ps> also taking opinions on Boots to .

reeler

Re: Best buy on Waders ?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 02:45:44 PM »

Go to Cabela's website, clothing, waders.
They will deliver to your house.
Half the cost of anything local

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 09:20:11 PM »

I prefer to maybe pay a few bux more...but support local shops.....is a thing with me....dam....a proud Canuk!!!!!

mojoganjaman
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 06:43:54 AM »

I bought a pair of Simms G3 waders.  Absolutely the best waders made, hands down.  Guide friends of mine have had 10 years in the same pair of Simms waders with over 130 days a year. Yes, you will pay through the nose, but you won't be replacing them every other year either. 

If money is absolutely a factor, you'll want to consider the hodgman wadelites or the cabelas gold medals.  Just make sure they fit properly before buying.  Cablea's has a very liberal exchange policy and you can buy all three waders from them.  Happy wading.   

allwaysfishin

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 07:23:18 AM »

Bare Blackwaters, 339.99, berry's bait

James

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 12:53:32 PM »

Does Cabela's operate within canada ? or am i goin to have to pay dutie and exchange fees ? . I have heard that the blackwaters are crappy and leak alot . Thanks for the info keep it coming .

Never mind , it is operated outa the usa . after tax , dutie , border fees , exchange , how is it cheaper ?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 12:55:48 PM by James »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 02:19:45 PM »

Cabelas will send to Canada. Yes you will have to pay duty. Whatever you do, don't have Cabela send it by UPS, otherwise you will be paying a hefty brokerage fees. Have them send it by US mail. May take longer but it will save you major $$$

James

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 02:26:52 PM »

I think i will just support the local tackle shops . Besides i like to try on the item i am buying  first .

allwaysfishin

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 03:58:32 PM »

the stories you hear about blackwaters are not entirely true. I personally have sold over 30 pairs in the past 3 years and have seen ONE pair that i have personally sold, come back for a leakage issue, which was 14 months old, 2 months past warranty and BARE/Fitzwright, replaced the waders free of charge.
don't be duped by comments from dealers who sell simms and patagonia, which are also nice waders, bare makes a fine product and thier service and head office is in langley, B.C.

reeler

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 05:48:31 PM »

It took slightly less than 2 weeks and $170.00 CAD for 2 pairs of  5-mil chestwaders to arrive at my house from Cabela's. Check the online catalogue and compare. No additional charges. I'm Canadian too, but why pay double?

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 09:10:06 PM »

The reason I like my Simms waders so much is because of durability and fit.  I have a stocky body with short legs and small feet.  It was nearly impossible to find a large chest size, 30inch in-seams and a size 8 foot (left and right specific with no seams).  Simms makes them.    If you can find someone local who can get them for you, take up a second job and try to get them.  You won't be dissapointed. 

James

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 01:04:08 AM »

thanks , i think i am goin to try on some Bare blackwaters tomorow . I am 6'3" ( skinny 170lbs ) so I am not sure how some are goin to fit me . The last waders i had were some RedBall Neoprenes that I grew out of . I have stopped growing so it is time for a new pair . and for me to get back in the game . after a 3yr drought of no salmon fishing i am ready to go .

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 02:42:50 AM »

You can try Canadian Tire the one just opened on Cambie St Vancouver near downtown. A chest wader neoprene cost about $160.

James

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 01:55:06 PM »

Is there such thing as a lightwieght neoprene wader ?