Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: East Coast VI Beach Fishing  (Read 1574 times)

Willowbarkus

• I'm a llama!
East Coast VI Beach Fishing
« on: September 05, 2004, 10:30:26 AM »

I was fishing along the mid East Coast VI Beaches the past couple of days. Lots of pinks around but not many biting. I did get one that was fair hooked on an orange fly. Landed a couple others that were foul hooked. I had lots of hook ups but lost them due to my leader being too light. I had forgotten to take my fishing bag with all my flies and leaders to the island so I wasn't really prepared. I had to whip up some quickie flies while I was there. Good thing I had my fly tying stuff.
Most of the fish that I saw landed were foul hooked.
Saw approximately 2 coho jumping but as of yet they really haven't arrived. Couple more weeks ought to do it. We are heading back at Thanksgiving to try our luck with the coho.  
Carole

habzrule

• ====00=====
    • Make great money online in your spare time
Re:East Coast VI Beach Fishing
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 08:46:52 PM »

Hi ;0)

Could you give directions?  I'm not familiar with the area but would love to check it out, thanks!
http://members.shaw.ca/consumerforce/index.html : Best way to make some extra cash for fishing

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 08:50:07 PM »

Im gonna be in Parksville next weekend, anything around there?

Uncivil

• 'Geers on Gear
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 11:01:02 PM »

Leadbelly I was in Parksville form Wednesday to Saturday.  I fished twice at Nile Creek for Pinks and had about the same ratio of success as Willowbarkus.  ( I actually talked to her on the Beach  on thursday).  Everyone seems to be waiting for the COHO to come down form Campbell River in the next two weeks.  There are stories of Springs off    the mouth of the Qualicum but I didn't fish there so I don't know.  The pinks at Nile creek were getting a bit stale and not biting much.  I would check in with Gone Fishin in Nanaimo to see where the action is.  Good luck.
We can build it, take me to your Banker!

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 07:21:42 AM »

Thanks, again ;D

scalper66

• here fishy fishy
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 10:10:59 PM »

hey lead belly i fished the mouth of Qualicum two weeks ago the run was just starting that was where all the fish were being taken i would go there as early as possibable was bring in the most luck fishing died fast but try around 44 feet down with white hoochies that the most succesful way i got a nice 24 pounder