Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just arrived in Vancouver - wild about fishing  (Read 1334 times)

Johngofish

• Fish means learning a living.
Just arrived in Vancouver - wild about fishing
« on: October 15, 2014, 09:30:28 PM »

Hi!

I have just arrived in Vancouver (3 weeks ago from South Africa) - living in Richmond now next month Ladner and want to hook up and connect with local guys in the area. On a big learning curve learning local fishing - done lots of fly fishing (fresh and salt), sea kayaking, rock and surf, coarse and bass fishing.

Only time I need to take sleep medication is the night before an all day fishing trip otherwise too excited to sleep.  ;) Also have had strong conservationist ethic and involvement - lectured environmental ethics.

So very happy if anybody on this forum can point me in the right direction or connect me to a local club in my area.

Much appreciated and itching to catch a fish soon - got my coastal license yesterday!

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
Re: Just arrived in Vancouver - wild about fishing
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 09:47:24 PM »

Welcome to BC, as far as fishing goes you've come to the right place. I would take you out but planned trips are few and far between with a little one, and one more on the way. I am sure you will meet some quality guys to show you the local ropes.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 09:12:01 AM »

Since you are in Richmond make a stop at Berries Bait and Tackle.  They can provide you with a bunch of info and suggestions, not to mention gear.

Johngofish

• Fish means learning a living.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 09:26:02 AM »

Thanks for the welcome  :)