Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can anyone help me to get to stave?  (Read 9938 times)

koifish

Can anyone help me to get to stave?
« on: October 15, 2014, 08:23:41 PM »

I'm going fishing with my dad on on Friday but I don't know how to get to stave River to fish on shore

Can anyone help me out?  I'm not asking for your best spot
But a spot where I can go and hook some fish maybe
It can be the most popular spot ever I don't care I just can't figure out how to get there

Thanks guys! Tight lines!

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
Re: Can anyone help me to get to stave?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 08:30:28 PM »

The stave is very small, and there isn't really hidden spots. It's all fair game, watch your parking.

Use google maps and type in stave river. It'll give you a good view of the river.

dave c

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 08:34:40 PM »

On either side of the river between the bridges are a good bet.

koifish

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 08:43:10 PM »

I remember going to mission once and there's a sign there that says stave River and you drive over that bridge passing the stave and there's a old gas station ahead not  to  far do you turn left there? I remember hearing this before

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 08:44:32 PM »

I remember going to mission once and there's a sign there that says stave River and you drive over that bridge passing the stave and there's a old gas station ahead not  to  far do you turn left there? I remember hearing this before

Yup, you can turn there, or go to the east side by going over the bridge and passing silver mere lake and taking the next left at the light.

ajransom

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 08:48:49 PM »

Or park where you can and throw a bike in the car and ride to some spots...

ThatDeafGuy

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 09:16:39 PM »

The other guys mentioned that parking is pretty sparse on this river... With the construction going on with the dam (which will go on until 2017).  Parking on the east side (Hayward St.) is far more sparse than the west side (287 St, turning into Wilson St) in my experience.  On the east side you'd have to walk a bit further to get to where you want to go, but once you get there, you will have more options to choose from.  On the West side, just past the trailer park there's parking spots available, just watch the signs as you drive by.  It's easy to overlook the trials that go to the river, but it's a fun adventure for you and your dad for sure!

Good luck out there.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.

koifish

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 10:19:42 PM »

Thanks guys!  Me and me dad made a plan for Friday hopefully  it will be a good day

I'm assuming there's no way I can fly fish there?  Probably packed?

ThatDeafGuy

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 11:02:30 PM »

You should be alright for fly fishing... I'd bring something else just in case.  Never know if a good spot's been taken by someone else.  There's a few good spots to fly fish.  Best bet would be is to drive a boat from the Fraser and then drop an anchor and you've got all the space you need in the world ;)
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.

koifish

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 04:07:13 PM »

yeah but unfortunently i dont have a boat

im not to sure where to go the vedder or the stave i bet those are both the same right now?

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 05:32:25 PM »

Id hit the stave.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 05:51:00 PM »

Stave has been super quiet

Archer

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 05:55:06 PM »

The other guys mentioned that parking is pretty sparse on this river... With the construction going on with the dam (which will go on until 2017).  Parking on the east side (Hayward St.) is far more sparse than the west side (287 St, turning into Wilson St) in my experience.  On the east side you'd have to walk a bit further to get to where you want to go, but once you get there, you will have more options to choose from.  On the West side, just past the trailer park there's parking spots available, just watch the signs as you drive by.  It's easy to overlook the trials that go to the river, but it's a fun adventure for you and your dad for sure!

Good luck out there.

Go with 287 St.  Drive a couple minutes and watch where you park. Pretty much when u see cars parked, that's your spot, then look for a path down to the water.  If u have waders, wear them, otherwise wear good boots cause it can be sloppy. Pink or purple jigs are good, or even floating yarn can do it.
I am going down Friday morning. Red Rapala ball cap and green waders ;)

Humpy

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 06:11:01 PM »

It was packed with people last week, should expect the same for this week if not more.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 06:24:56 PM »

Float jigs very short and fish with the tide and you should be able to have a good day. Try different colours if they are picky, also longer and uglier vs shorter and sparse jigs also makes a difference so don't be afraid to experiment.