Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kawkawa Lake Kokanee Q's....  (Read 2848 times)

itosh

• I EAT llamas!
Kawkawa Lake Kokanee Q's....
« on: March 18, 2007, 10:22:42 PM »

Sounds like the kokanee fishing on Kawkawa lake has been good.  I've known that they have been in there for years through reading guide books but have never had a chance to target them as I'm not really into lake fishing yet.

However, I have begun to start lake fishing as I own a float tube (damn cold) and have access to a pontoon (still cold).

Seems like everybody, Fishfreak et al., have been in floating crafts of some sort, but is there no shore access?  I know there is private property on the lake but are there any docks on the lake for the public?

Are you guys getting fish by trolling or anchoring?  If anchoring, how deep is the lake?  Is 45' feet of rope gonna be enough?

I've heard that chironomids (14-18) work well, have you guys found this to be true?

Finally, is the really cold, because I hate cold.  Froze my feet off from a pontoon last year fishing for the triploid cutties at Alta lake last spring on a sunny day! :o :o

Shane

Snapperhead

• Currie Artworks
Re: Kawkawa Lake Kokanee Q's....
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 11:26:22 PM »

Hi Shane

I fished it 4 years ago with my daughter Kaila and did well trolling slow with small Doc Spratleys in Black.Used a clear sink and had most luck out front of the park.

Dave
Currie Artworks
Whistler B.C.