Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What might be running in the Squamish 2nd week November?  (Read 4426 times)

243Pete

Re: What might be running in the Squamish 2nd week November?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 10:07:56 PM »

Should have some chum in the system now, most of the coho I've encountered are wild and only ever landed a small handful of hatchery fish.
Egg leeches, beads, zonkers and large tube streamers for the two hand, retrieve depends on the water being fish and how deep.

Dress warm for November cause it can get really chilly up there, and try using cleats on your boots as they stick a lot better on ice than felt and plain vibram.

4TheKids

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 10:15:00 PM »

It's not really a secret but the Cheakamus does enter the Squamish in two places -> Cheakamus Power Station.

Dogbreath

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 01:00:04 PM »

....I've never seen chinook salmon in the Squamish River past September
There is still  a remnant run of Chinook in the Squamish the latest I've caught one is Nov 11-not a Jack but a full sized Spring.

There used to be a spot near the Big Bend where I could almost always hit a Spring in late October/early November but flooding changed all that.

With Springs you really notice that the bite goes off as the sun comes over the hill more so that other species.