Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bent rods  (Read 6360 times)

SteelheadAdict

Bent rods
« on: October 12, 2012, 06:15:03 PM »

THANK YOU for the great day on the stave i usually tie my own jigs but i saw one of your jigs in stores called the deceiver i bought 2 i will defenetly be bying your jig kits in the near futer the pattern was amazing and cuaght more fish than my secret chum jig (secret) it always out fishes every one but today your pattern worked emencly well thank u very much and i will be a big customer in the near future

Funeral Of Hearts

Re: Bent rods
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 08:58:16 PM »

Love his jigs. I buy his DIY packs and tie my own. Great hooks, I don't lose many once they are hooked.

SteelheadAdict

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 11:01:59 PM »

yea i am going to start buying his kits befor i was buying the brass and silver beeds by the 1000 and the pins buy the 1000 aswell withch gets pretty pricey

BentRodsGuiding

• Bent Rods Guiding & Fishing
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 11:06:31 PM »

Remember to SET THE HOOK on all fish, as my sickle jig hooks can bend if only the tip of the hook is in the fish. Numerous people have complained of bending hooks on chums and once I get them too set the hook well the bending is never an issue.
Also, I make Chum jigs on both pin and bead and lead head hooks, reason is when using a net you should avoid pin and bead as the bead gets caught in the net and as Mr Chum thrashes around the bead is ripped off.

One last thing, some days I have much better success with all pink or cerise jigs, purple is not always the top producer.
Fraser River Sturgeon, Salmon and Steelhead www.bentrods.ca

likely

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 08:27:13 AM »

i have been using rods jigs for years and they are awsome never straightend a hook yet bent quite a few in the middle from thrashing around . and as rod said pink and chartruse are my go toos .                      just remember we dont need to drag them up the beach just to be kicked back into the water we need to respect our fishery                                                                                       

SteelheadAdict

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »

Likely u are so right all day i was seeing guys just leev them on the beach to flop around so i walked over and grabed it by the tail but hand under belly and they wached me as i do it so now they now hot release and revive a fish after its been drug in by its too fin or in the tail

SteelheadAdict

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 10:47:02 AM »

and once agin bent rods thanks for the jig they are great gona head out to the stave agin tonight for some more arm burning

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 07:47:26 PM »

Bent Rods jigs and spinners rock.Not often you can purchase gear tested to the full by a local fishermen before they get to market.
Ive never had a problem with the jig hooks bending or dulling, though they do sometimes attract pesky coho...

SteelheadAdict

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 10:09:54 PM »

lol and ya my jigs i bought from last year are still as sharp as when they come out of the pakage and i used them from mid uagust all the way through till about april 1 end of my steelhead season

likely

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 09:07:36 AM »

hey guys anyone tryed rods cascade spinners for chinnook i stated running them instead of spin and glows and found them out fishing the spin and glows 3 to 1 off the back of my boat they work very well give them a try on one rod and spin and glow on the other you will find your self changing to the spinner you will like the way they hit it is not just a little bite it is a full blown rod bender right away

oscar

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 09:38:43 AM »

I've had great success this year using Rod's cacade spinners along with his techniques to fish them.Large T-spoons, or any other big spoons that "Thump" work well too.I agree that these big spinners outfish spin n' glows... Chartruse variations have worked well for me, with a shot of scent every time they come up.I really like the way Rod's spinners have the flexible tubing between the spinner/hook, to keep it from flying all over.I've modified "T-Spoons" with the same sort of idea.( Green shrink wrap pieces, available at Lordco)His spinners are great, but not the only ones out there....

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 11:47:41 AM by oscar »

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 12:36:07 PM »

I have used the same Bent Rod jigs for the last 6 years and not once have I had to sharpen them. I have also never had any issue with them bending or straightening what so ever.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

noobfisher

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 10:17:34 PM »

Just picked up a half dozen of ur bent rod jigs to try for the first time.. Any tips on which will work best for chum?  Planning on going out one last time this season.  Never fished jigs before so I'm excited to try them out.

Dread head- black/red
Peach sparkler - pink
Flame - orange/red
Coho jig #1 - yellow/dark red

Thanks!  Ur jigs sure are popular most of the styles were sold out!

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 10:43:43 PM »

Of the 4 you've got there I would pick the pink one and the flame one.
Most guys will say pink / cerise for chum but they will crush almost anything. If the jigs aren't working switch to something else the chum are always biting!

Brian the fisherman

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 10:48:12 PM »

Bent rod's gear is #1 in my books for jigs and spinners. I had a blast this year on the copper spinner. and the silver/chartreuse caught well over 50 coho and plenty chums on the brass orange.
The jigs oh boy, there excellent for steelhead/coho/pinks/chum/spring/ every salmon really! always set the hook!
Tight lines to all