Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where the heck do I find list of BC's record fish!?  (Read 8055 times)

mzmann

Re: Where the heck do I find list of BC's record fish!?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 08:48:24 PM »

nope they don't :(......one thing I do find a little odd/surprising on the IGFA site though is that their world record White Sturgeon is only listed at 468lbs, caught in California in 1983.......now I would imagine that the only reason why a bigger one caught out of the fraser has not beat that is maybe because its pretty hard to weigh on an official scale when its a catch and release fishery.....but surely before it was c&r there had to have been much bigger ones weighed in!.....must just be that no one decided to register any of larger size with  the IGFA?
Wishin I was fishin!! :)

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 02:21:26 PM »

--IGFA has some state records but doesn't have BC or even Canadian records.. I have asked them several times as this would cause a great deal of business for Canada. (which may be why the USA based IGFA may not be interested)

--IGFA vs world records... even the all line class IGFA record has specific rules on how it is determined thus the largest sport fish caught may not necessarily qualify.

--AS IGFA running out of records you will note they are coming up with different certificates such as catching fish of 3 different species within a % or current record etc.

--Records and certificates are not for everyone but for many they add to their enjoyment.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 05:57:17 PM »

nope they don't :(......one thing I do find a little odd/surprising on the IGFA site though is that their world record White Sturgeon is only listed at 468lbs, caught in California in 1983.......now I would imagine that the only reason why a bigger one caught out of the fraser has not beat that is maybe because its pretty hard to weigh on an official scale when its a catch and release fishery.....but surely before it was c&r there had to have been much bigger ones weighed in!.....must just be that no one decided to register any of larger size with  the IGFA?

I remember one Fred Helmer caught in the 70s was over 800 pounds and had over 150 pounds of roe in it.  Sad those eggs never made it into the beds.
Not all those who wander are lost