Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, November 5th 2008  (Read 1714 times)

flyrod

• Old Timer
Chilliwack River, November 5th 2008
« on: November 05, 2008, 06:57:03 PM »

The water condition was great.  Dean, the spinner man, caught about a 12 lb buck coho and released him ....nice looking hooked nosed tank.  Hit a couple of chums on the fly but nothing worth braggin about.  Only fished a couple of hours.  Saw a few coho playing around in the frog pond at Lickman.  Saw some clean looking chum in the staging river areas...quite nice.  It was a beautiful day on the river.
There were a lot of coho last Friday but with the rain I think they shot up river quickly. 

gman

Re: Chilliwack River, November 5th 2008
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 08:14:50 PM »

I was out today as well. I found lots of chum around still, but not as bright as last week.  Most were dark with the odd one bright. I caught lots but didn't keep any today. I think I'm chummed out for this year.
I didn't try my usual coho spots, and didn't see any signs of coho at the spots I did fish.
Not many people out and it certainly was a beautiful day.   :)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 10:16:23 PM »

With AN INTENSE PACIFIC FRONTAL SYSTEM moving in overnight figure would make a trip out to the river before it's blown.  So plan was to leave town early morning before rush hour but... thing don't always work out as planned.  I didn't get out until well after 9.  Arriving at the river close to 11, water clarity at mid river wasn't great, but the weather was good.  Kind of like the calm before storm.  So passed up this section and went to the top.  Water clarity was good but those fish at upper river wasn't great so.. time to head down to lower river. First few fish was sigh....  and 2x sigh....  then this showed up

:D

It's silver with 10~15% coloration

Sinaran

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 11:11:30 PM »

that was one very chrome looking vedder chum!!!
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

• Hmmm yes, quite. Where are the fish again?
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 11:46:37 PM »

nice catch!  ;)
great for smoking  :D
Nothing to see here, Hmm yes.......
Quite........
Carry on......

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 06:37:28 AM »

Wow im getting upset i missed out on this season. SO many chrome chums!
[

fishfinder

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 02:39:50 PM »

A very nice chum!!

BooBooBear

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 08:22:47 PM »

:) Wow - nice fish.  We were on the top end by the Barn run / dyke on Tuesday around noon and no one around.  The water was only giving about 1 foot of clarity and the only thing we saw were large Black and Purple boots.  Part cloudy and part rainy but Wednesday definitely was a much better day to get out...  i think the river is going to be cloudy from today through the weekend with a massive storm from still pounding the area...

Must give thanks to some of the drifters because I must have pulled up a dozen Colorados and various hooks with wool and a few pencil leads... I also found a number of the hooks still fully barbed - so warning to the wise with CO's checking hooks, license and underwear...  :-X