Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano River July 2nd, 2007  (Read 12658 times)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: Capilano River July 2nd, 2007
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2007, 12:12:35 PM »

Its possible but Fishing off a gigantic ledge does not suit me ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2007, 12:22:02 PM »

You can play the fish till it is tired, and move down to the lower rock platform upstream of the Cable Pool cliff to land your fish too. It is only a few feet from water level.

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2007, 01:17:54 PM »

thats my #2 spot but someone removed the rope that was set up there. it was a big help.
Fish on!

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2007, 03:40:24 PM »

I went down it without the rope. We hooked one while fishing there.

Piranha

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2007, 08:59:29 AM »

On friday I was walking back from the Dog Leg Pool on the west side of the bank and when I got to the cable bridge one of the fiishermans dog slipped and fell in from one of the steep rocks.  There were people around and nobody asked if the guy needs help. They kept on fishing and waching the poor dog trying to climb up only to fall back in. It was so sad to watch :( The guy went in after him so I run over and climbed low enough so he can pass me his little jack russel terrier.  The little guy was so shaken up. After his owner kept on fishing and his dog kept a good distance from the ledge.  I guess the dog learned his lesson. heh

anyways,
I Alway go to the Dog Leg Pool to fish. Has any body made it down to Three Rocks Pool? I found a way but half way down there is a rock face about 6' and very slippery. I was thinking on taking rope with me or making steps using rope and wooden planks. The Three Rocks Pool look so inviting.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2007, 12:10:52 PM »

Be very careful if you're going down to Three Rocks. Best if you have a buddy along. Just last week a guy felled 20 feet after taking a wrong step. Good thing his buddy was around to lend assistance.

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2007, 12:50:41 PM »

Has any body made it down to Three Rocks Pool? I found a way but half way down there is a rock face about 6' and very slippery. I was thinking on taking rope with me or making steps using rope and wooden planks. The Three Rocks Pool look so inviting.

Three rock pool is too dangerous to climb down to.  Stay away from it... Especially around october 14-16  ;D

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2007, 05:34:01 PM »

thats my #2 spot but someone removed the rope that was set up there. it was a big help.

I always wonder who put those ropes and mounting brackets there anyway? One of the Cable Pool spots is a sloping rock platform and it has a series of ropes attached to some steel brackets mounted on the rocks. Those brackets seem professionally mounted and they are high quality stainless steel. Did the Park people put them there, or DFO? Can't imagine a fisherman will go through all that while he has no claim to the spot.

stlhd4ever

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2007, 06:50:16 PM »

I could see it. If it's such a good place and I had the know how  I'd do it
Wishin I was Fishin

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2007, 08:10:28 PM »

I always wonder who put those ropes and mounting brackets there anyway? One of the Cable Pool spots is a sloping rock platform and it has a series of ropes attached to some steel brackets mounted on the rocks. Those brackets seem professionally mounted and they are high quality stainless steel. Did the Park people put them there, or DFO? Can't imagine a fisherman will go through all that while he has no claim to the spot.

It could be the kayakers, they're pretty serious, they practice rolling and recovering in that pool.
Fish on!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2007, 08:36:55 PM »

I know that it's not DFO

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2007, 08:55:15 PM »

I stopped fishing the Cap after seeing an asian kid from Taiwan fell in and drown. It was high water and he had a backpack on his back fisihng at the cable pool. I was just watching and he got a fish on and the next thing he was in the fast water with his backpack dragging him down. It was on the news and the parents had to fly over to pick up his body.

That was a few years ago and that was the last time. Its just too danderous!!!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 09:24:42 PM by steelieman »

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »

Thats sad
i stick to the beach or the lower part only

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2007, 09:26:57 PM »

I stopped fishing the Cap after seeing an asian kid from Taiwan fell in and drown. It was high water and he had a backpack on his back fisihng at the cable pool. I was just watching and he got a fish on and the next thing he was in the fast water with his backpack dragging him down. It was on the news and the parents had to fly over to pick up his body.

That was a few years ago and that was the last time. Its just too danderous!!!

that's one reason I dont bother fishing cable.

svsv71

• Advertiser
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2007, 09:50:42 PM »

I was there ~ what time did it happen?
that is sad...