Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Hos-sep 23  (Read 1572 times)

Floater

• Old Timer
Vedder Hos-sep 23
« on: September 23, 2006, 09:29:06 PM »

Hit the lucky run today with meca first light. It was a great morning a bit on the chilly side but that was ok. As we were walking to the run i was thinking to myself if there were really enough fish yet to actually have a good day. Seconds after this thought passed we saw a coho make a dash from a shallow run to a pool and this got us very excited. We approched the run a bit sceptical as the water was about 3 feet and we could see the bottom. Things were about to change as about 5 cohos rose out the water and showed off their chrome jackets before we could even put our rods together! :D We hurried and threw some fresh roe at them, withing 5 mins meca was into a nice 7ish pound HO that jumped out the water on the hook set and spat it out. I guess the fish got even more spooked after this because they were still surficing every min but we had no takers. We decided to try another part of the run where mecca hooked into 2 nice 10 pound springs one he decided to keep because it was very clean. I only managed to connect with a coho jack and land it but im not complaining its allways fun to get that first coho of the year :P. After that the sun came out and it slowed down we could see many fish rising in tailouts and passing through runs but they would not bite. Overall it was a great day we had a had a huge run and pool to ourselfs with only 2 people joining us through the entire day! EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT GONG SHOW HOSTS!!!!!!!!

P.S. One of the guy who fished the same run as us got a nice 13 pound RIPE! hatchery coho as he was bringing it in he saw me looking at it and he said, yah i know its a bit coloured but it still cooks good on the BBQ. I laughed my my friend of as the fish was beyond its prime and should of been let go.
[

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Vedder Hos-sep 23
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 09:49:03 PM »

SOunds like a good day FLoater, we just may have to get out there and hit the flow at some point. ;)   I just might take that CURSE off you!! ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 09:57:35 PM »

thanks for the report.
weeeeeeeeeow!

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 11:19:29 PM »

nice report glad to hear that some fish are on the move.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 02:32:33 PM »

SOunds like a good day FLoater, we just may have to get out there and hit the flow at some point. ;)   I just might take that CURSE off you!! ;D ;D
I already broke the curse! and i owe you a 20 trip curse. :-*
[