Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 Fraser River chinook salmon opening information  (Read 10855 times)

Steelhead Fever

Re: 2016 Fraser River chinook salmon opening information
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 11:03:16 AM »

Thanks Rod  :)
That is awesome they opened it, sure hope they change the status to "open" soon.
I trust you cause you'd know, just seems weird that it says closed.
I'm thinking about going this afternoon :)
Just a part of me is hesitant cause of the status on the website.
The DFO although really friendly are a bit intimidating in real life when they show up.
Have fun out there everyone!!
Don't forget your licences, and play by the rules.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 12:30:22 PM »

No worries, simply print out that fishery notice and carry it with you if you are concerned.

That table was updated from blank to having that fishery notice link included, and the individual updating it, rather than reading the notice first and putting down the correct daily quota for opened species, he or she simply put down "closed". It's unprofessional for a federal employee who's being paid by you and me. It baffles me and I think all of you should phone or write in to complain. This is an ongoing negligence that I've pointed out to them for years.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 02:28:12 PM »

No worries, simply print out that fishery notice and carry it with you if you are concerned.

That table was updated from blank to having that fishery notice link included, and the individual updating it, rather than reading the notice first and putting down the correct daily quota for opened species, he or she simply put down "closed". It's unprofessional for a federal employee who's being paid by you and me. It baffles me and I think all of you should phone or write in to complain. This is an ongoing negligence that I've pointed out to them for years.
Barb was at Island 22 today, hope someone pointed this out to her. Sometimes it takes time to get things done. :P ;D

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2016, 10:37:37 PM »

Lots of BBs on Hope Bar and at Jones Bar today...

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 03:23:37 AM »

Lots of BBs on Hope Bar and at Jones Bar today...
Unfortunately they will continue to do so until the Department closes the river back down or should they consider spot closures in problem areas? Not sure what else can be done to keep us in the river. Of course the 3 foot leader is still being worked on and the fixed rod only scenario.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 01:48:19 PM »

Didn't see alot of action at Gill and there abouts . Alot of noise polution  >:(with people rippin up the place with 4x4's w/open headers etc .
Anyway ,tried a variation of color S&Glows to no avail . Anchored out at a different spot and tossed in the B/Rod #5 spinner . All bar rods out as far as I could see there  :) . Jumped in for a swim to cool off  :P . Great to be on the river again besides the ripp raff spittin boulders . Good to have a boat to get away from it .
Happy fishin everyone  ;D
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2016, 06:53:06 PM »

Didn't see alot of action at Gill and there abouts . Alot of noise polution  >:(with people rippin up the place with 4x4's w/open headers etc .
Anyway ,tried a variation of color S&Glows to no avail . Anchored out at a different spot and tossed in the B/Rod #5 spinner . All bar rods out as far as I could see there  :) . Jumped in for a swim to cool off  :P . Great to be on the river again besides the ripp raff spittin boulders . Good to have a boat to get away from it .
Happy fishin everyone  ;D
Stopped at Gill this AM on the way back from Merritt and the motor bikes were ripping around creating a dust storm, no respect for other users. Good to see no one TOWing, lots of bar rods out but heard no bells tolling in 20 minutes  I was there.

On the other hand they were at hard at work in the areas around Hope, no hope in them getting the message it seems.