Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buntzen lake  (Read 2030 times)

shawn_john

Buntzen lake
« on: August 05, 2011, 08:31:22 PM »

Just wondering if anyone has been up there lately if the water levels are back to normal, and if you can use the round a bout boat launch area.  thanks

milo

• Old Timer
Re: Buntzen lake
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 09:05:44 PM »

Yes, yes and yes.

shawn_john

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 09:11:14 PM »

ok thank you

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 09:13:13 PM »

Welcome! :)

jimmywits

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 10:11:16 AM »

Yes, yes and yes.

Hey Milo,
Have you fished it recently, I have'nt been up there for a month or so. It seemed slower to me this year than previous years.

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 06:36:05 PM »

lake levels back to normal (albiet with numerous dead trees afloat), and the fishing is still decent if your trolling something like a willow leaf and worm combo.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 09:20:06 PM »

Hey Milo,
Have you fished it recently, I have'nt been up there for a month or so. It seemed slower to me this year than previous years.

Hi Jimmy!
I stop fishing Buntzen when the weather warms up, as too many people around is not my idea of fun when I am focused on fishing.
My wife and I go for a hike or a picnic there sometimes as we live in North Burnaby - a short drive from Buntzen.

Fishing is always good there if you have a boat or tube. Just keep to the east side between the South Beach and the "Rock viewpoint".
Troll a fly between 8 and 12 feet deep and you will experience success. Black leeches, red spratleys, brown and burgundy wooly buggers have always produced for me.
Or, chertreuse powerbait under a float if that's your flavour (used to be mine long time ago. :D)

ihatefisheadsoup

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 12:10:20 PM »

I was fishing out there yesturday, from 10am to 6:30pm on my fh360. It is a nice lake unfortunately I only got one 6inches small trout using Orange wedding band 

jimmywits

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 09:58:35 AM »

Hi Jimmy!
I stop fishing Buntzen when the weather warms up, as too many people around is not my idea of fun when I am focused on fishing.
My wife and I go for a hike or a picnic there sometimes as we live in North Burnaby - a short drive from Buntzen.

Fishing is always good there if you have a boat or tube. Just keep to the east side between the South Beach and the "Rock viewpoint".
Troll a fly between 8 and 12 feet deep and you will experience success. Black leeches, red spratleys, brown and burgundy wooly buggers have always produced for me.
Or, chertreuse powerbait under a float if that's your flavour (used to be mine long time ago. :D)

Thanks Milo,
I agree on all aspects as I know the lake very well (except I would'nt know about power bait). My question was, do you feel that this year the fishing seemed slower than in previous years.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:17:08 PM by jimmywits »