Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alouette lake question  (Read 2065 times)

shawn_john

Alouette lake question
« on: May 16, 2007, 10:24:48 PM »

has any one been fishing alouette lake lately i have heard some good reports. i was wondering whats best to use either flies or lure. thanks headin out tommorow and wanted to know

Jimmy

Re: Alouette lake question
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 08:10:47 AM »

was up there last night and it was good. We used flies and a spinner. Fly bet spinner 3-0 But go to Hatchmatcher in Maple Ridge and ask for the Kokanee killer and Randy will set you up.

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 08:30:08 PM »

If you're planning to troll gear, we have supper success up there with a 000 Juhr Jensen Silver/Brass flasher with 5' keader to a small pink and white Dick Nite spoon tipped with worm. This is such a killer combo at Alouette that it shuld be illegal.

We typically fish upstream at and in the narrows. Lot's of Kokanee and Rainbows but also quite a few large Cutthroat and Bull Trout. We've tried a lot of different gear combos in the past and this by far was the most productive Kokanee killer out there.

Non-weighted is most effective for Kokanee once you put weight on you start tormenting the Bulls.

Try it, you won't be disappointed.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 10:04:47 PM »

was there 2 weeks ago...Couldnt keep them off the line. ...literaly......Red dock spratleys
weeeeeeeeeow!

Sandhead

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 10:22:29 PM »

The narrows the place to fish for bigger fish? Seems 90% of the people on that lake fish the pilings directly across from the boat launch
Ain't no HO like a COHO

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 10:29:26 PM »

If you're planning to troll gear, we have supper success up there with a 000 Juhr Jensen Silver/Brass flasher with 5' keader to a small pink and white Dick Nite spoon tipped with worm. This is such a killer combo at Alouette that it shuld be illegal.

We typically fish upstream at and in the narrows. Lot's of Kokanee and Rainbows but also quite a few large Cutthroat and Bull Trout. We've tried a lot of different gear combos in the past and this by far was the most productive Kokanee killer out there.

Non-weighted is most effective for Kokanee once you put weight on you start tormenting the Bulls.

Try it, you won't be disappointed.
That is exactly what my buddy said as well, he is a fairly new fishermen, but he seems to have this dialed in.  He was trolling wedding bands and spinners and came up with about a 9 lb dolley which was released and this! :o

A real nice Lake Char of about 7lbs or so... one of the biggest I have seen.  Still bugging him to get me out there, but the schedules are just not matching up!! ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!