Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WEAVER LAKE  (Read 5040 times)

shawn_john

WEAVER LAKE
« on: April 13, 2007, 10:40:29 PM »

Has anyone fished weaver lake out by harrision mills. i heard it was suppost to be good fishing just wanted to see if any one else has fished the lake looking for some inputs on it. thanks shawn

whitetip

Re: WEAVER LAKE
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 11:22:37 PM »

it is a good place to fish but I don't know if it is open yet.

shrek44

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 10:38:33 AM »

I went up to weaver on wednesday. You need to get a key from the campground just before the bridge. The fellow there says he will not be giving out keys for day use. If you tell him you are going camping he will give you one. It costs $10. Hit the lake about 10:30. Had 5 fish to the boat within 1 hour or so and then nothing fo the next hour or so. Then we landed 5 more in the last hour or so. A beautiful day to be out. We had bites all day long but could only manage ten to   the boat.

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 02:58:56 PM »

Hopefully more than 2 of u in that boat  :-\
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

shawn_john

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 10:41:42 PM »

When it opens up since its early for the lake to open up for daily use , do u always need the key for the gate or will it be open full time. i was just wondering so i dont go up there and cant go fishing ?

Jamison Jay

• shh....I'm hiding
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 07:06:49 AM »

coryandtrevor, I don't think he meant they bonked ten, just got ten of them to the boat :)

Weaver is an awsome little lake, it has room for trolling deep and for fly fishing the shallows. Just don't fish at the outflow inside the log boom area. I've always found the shoal just off the island in the second section of the lake to be a great spot to fish, or just coming through from the first to second section. For gear a wedding band works good, for flies well it depends, but a messy tied 52 buick seems to be good.

James

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 08:00:58 PM »

do you need a 4x4 to access , or is a car or truck(2wd) good enoiugh to get into the lake with out scratches or damage ?

Zpg

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 11:11:36 AM »

do you need a 4x4 to access , or is a car or truck(2wd) good enoiugh to get into the lake with out scratches or damage ?

No need for a 4x4 to access Weaver. The road gets a little rough once you leave the paved section but certainly not rough enough to turn back a truck.

Also, at least it have been like this in the past, once they open the gates for the season...I think I remember the May long weekend, they remain open for the season but I'm not 100% sure if that policy has changed. The guy who has the key for the gate in the offseason will be able to tell you. Sorry don't have his number handy but I bet shrek can help with that.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

CustomRetrieval

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 10:31:18 PM »

WEAVER LAKE

ENHANCED

Open from Long Weekend in May to Long Weekend in September, then Weekends only until Thanksgiving. Also open during Easter Long Weekends

23 Campsites

This medium-sized site is located beside Weaver Lake with a large day parking area for hikers. A 6.2 km hiking trail (see Denham Trail) encircles the lake. Access is by a steep gravel road.

Access: From Vancouver, take Highway 7 to Harrison Mills, turn left on Morris Valley Road, drive 11 km's.

Recreation Site Operator: RO Maintenance
(604)796-1204/ ruthonanski@hotmail.com

James

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 01:17:33 PM »

Good to know info .

Has anyone hiked around this lake ? Is it a difficult hike ?