Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peg Leg or others for access  (Read 1983 times)

tcooke

Peg Leg or others for access
« on: May 19, 2006, 07:26:46 AM »

I'm heading out on Sunday to do some Barfishin and was wondering if someone could tell me what the access is like at the bars right now. Where might be my best bet? Peg, Gill or other?

tcooke

Re: Peg Leg or others for access
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 07:36:03 AM »

How is Gill at this time of year? I have access to a 12ft 9.9 to ferry me over to an island, but I wont travel up or downstream with it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 07:43:46 AM »

With the freshet now starting in earnest with the recent hot weather you will find bar fishing somewhat difficult.

tcooke

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 09:30:15 AM »

Any suggestions on where to go?? Is it even worth it to hit the fraser right now? :-\

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 10:44:43 AM »

try grassy bar

tnt

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 12:35:56 PM »

the mouth of the vedder should be getting there right now, I heard the river is a good color, maybe someone can confirm this, a 12 ft with a 9.9 will do fine there, trolling big tee spoons or anchoring and fishing spinnin glows and prawns will work very well, as long as there is clarity,jus make sure you are below the vedder boundary,but stay in the clean water line.the springs will be there depending on tides but fish come through to clean their gills on a regular basis. think outside the box right now and you will probably catch the odd spring while others are waiting for the rivers to drop to fish.
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 07:54:18 AM »

I fished the mouth of the Vedder for a couple of hours yesterday and the clairity was terrible. Don't waste your time there. I only saw two other boats there and they quickly left as well. There is also lots of debris in the river right now. Maybe try grassy bar? Good luck.